Melena Wright Photography

Bixby, OK · View map · Visit website

About Melena Wright Photography

I just love bringing joy to people by capturing all the moments of their most special day. I hunt with my camera for those loving in-between moments that might otherwise be forgotten. I am also comfortable posing you and capturing all the candid moments of the day. If you like my style please reach out. I would love to get to know you more and help tell your story!

Experience
Before working as a professional photographer, I was an adventurous white water rafting guide and ski insructor in Colorado. And before that, I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Photography from Columbia College Chicago. Focusing on photojournalism and fine art documentary photography, I was mentored by some of the best photographers in the country, learning various techniques and skills, such as experimental techniques, advanced processing and printing, studio photography, skin retouching, and I even minored in environmental studies because I love the great outdoors.

I mainly provide wedding, family and portrait photography. For wedding coverage I offer all day and hourly coverage. I do engagement and bridal sessions and carefully edit digital files. You can also order photos in multiple formats such as canvas, flush mounts, matted prints, framed prints and just prints. Other services are:

• Additional hours available

Featured
Emma Simon

Married on 06/09/2018

Mel is the best!

Mel was the best wedding photographer. She is so talented and kind. You immediately feel comfortable around her! We did our engagement and wedding photos with Mel. My husband was so nervous before our ... Read more engagement shoot, because he feels so uncomfortable in front of the camera. Mel calmed his nerves, and really helped us both let our hair down and fun! We so love her, and look forward to having her capture all of our special moments.

M
Misty Turley

Married on 03/09/2019

Melena captures your day perfectly!

I am so glad we found Melena. She was with us all day from getting ready in a tiny hotel room through the reception. We had to go to Plan C for family photos when the Oklahoma wind kicked up and made ... Read more taking pics outside impossible. However, Melena had scouted and found an outside plan B just in case we wanted it. She has a knack for getting the right photos without being intrusive. We are very pleased with our photos from the day. I highly recommend Melena.

L
Lindsey Cash

Married on 05/19/2018

She went over and beyond our expectations. The pictures were beautiful.

Mel did an amazing job making us feel comfortable. She also mad it hard to pick out our favorite pictures. We loved them all! Read more Mel did an amazing job making us feel comfortable. She also mad it hard to pick out our favorite pictures. We loved them all!