Melena Wright Photography

Bixby, OK · View map · Visit website

About Melena Wright Photography

I just love bringing joy to people by capturing all the moments of their most special day. I hunt with my camera for those loving in-between moments that might otherwise be forgotten. I am also comfortable posing you and capturing all the candid moments of the day. If you like my style please reach out. I would love to get to know you more and help tell your story!

Experience
Before working as a professional photographer, I was an adventurous white water rafting guide and ski insructor in Colorado. And before that, I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Photography from Columbia College Chicago. Focusing on photojournalism and fine art documentary photography, I was mentored by some of the best photographers in the country, learning various techniques and skills, such as experimental techniques, advanced processing and printing, studio photography, skin retouching, and I even minored in environmental studies because I love the great outdoors.

I mainly provide wedding, family and portrait photography. For wedding coverage I offer all day and hourly coverage. I do engagement and bridal sessions and carefully edit digital files. You can also order photos in multiple formats such as canvas, flush mounts, matted prints, framed prints and just prints. Other services are:

• Additional hours available

Featured
Emma Simon

Married on 06/09/2018

Mel is the best!

Mel was the best wedding photographer. She is so talented and kind. You immediately feel comfortable around her! We did our engagement and wedding photos with Mel. My husband was so nervous before our ... Read more engagement shoot, because he feels so uncomfortable in front of the camera. Mel calmed his nerves, and really helped us both let our hair down and fun! We so love her, and look forward to having her capture all of our special moments.

Lacey
Lacey

Married on 06/22/2019

Don't hesitate! Mel is amazing!

Mel is absolutely the BEST. I had to plan my wedding from out of state so I took a risk after seeing her reviews and her portfolio because I couldn't get recommendations from friends. I dont regret it ... Read more for a second. Now my friends are seeing my pictures and asking who I used and I'm like "Well, yea, she's amazing but you'll have to fly her to Houston from Tulsa." She is on time, everytime. Our wedding happened shortly after some flooding that took place in the area so some of the roads were closed. Mel took that into account and was right on time. Which was great for me because I was a nervous wreck. She was also great because I had intended on being able to give her more direction on what I wanted but I ended up being too nervous because my hairstylist was 45 minutes late due to road closures. She just wandered around the venue on her own without my direction and got spectacular photos. Don't micromanage her, just give her a basic idea of your style and let her do her own thing. She is beyond professional and easy to work with. I just adore her!

M
Misty Turley

Married on 03/09/2019

Melena captures your day perfectly!

I am so glad we found Melena. She was with us all day from getting ready in a tiny hotel room through the reception. We had to go to Plan C for family photos when the Oklahoma wind kicked up and made ... Read more taking pics outside impossible. However, Melena had scouted and found an outside plan B just in case we wanted it. She has a knack for getting the right photos without being intrusive. We are very pleased with our photos from the day. I highly recommend Melena.