Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist

Falls Church, VA · View map · Visit website

About Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist

Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist is a professional, conservatory-trained harpist based out of Falls Church, Virginia. She’s skilled in a variety of genres, including music from the baroque, classical and romantic periods, as well as Hebrew and Christian melodies. Melissa travels all over the Greater Washington, D.C. area providing sophisticated music for your big day. Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist can’t wait to provide an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.

Experience
This experienced harpist performs frequently at the US Supreme Court, the Kennedy Center, Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, The Ritz Carlton, the US Naval Academy and many more notable locations. Melissa was the featured harpist for the 55th Presidential Inauguration, and when Pope Francis visited the US in 2015. She has the distinct honor to have performed for every living President and has also performed for dignitaries such as Prime Minister Tony Blair, Senator Hillary Clinton and Jordan’s King Abdullah II, to name a few. Melissa holds both a Bachelor and Master of Music degree in Harp Performance from the Peabody Conservatory of Music.

Melissa offers multiple wedding packages to choose between. Her most popular package includes ceremony music, cocktail hour music and willingness to learn new songs. While she is classically trained, she’s happy to perform jazz, pop and other contemporary music. She’s available as a soloist, or as a duo, trio or with other ensembles. Additional services include:

• Rehearsal dinner

Featured
Kayla

Married on 04/26/2019

Beautiful ceremony!

Melissa was incredibly responsive, professional and a joy to work with. My husband and I also had a lot of ideas how we wanted to incorporate a recording of my husbands grandfather into the ceremony ... Read more and she was open to ideas, gave great suggestions and made our ceremony a dream come true. The harp was played absolutely beautifully and she was such a compliment to the ceremony. Thanks Melissa for being a part of our special day! I cannot recommend her enough!

Will
Will Park

Getting married on 12/05/2020

Beautiful music!

Melissa was very professional and great to work with! We hired her to play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour along with a cellist. The music was beautiful! She was receptive to our requests ... Read more and filled the remainder of the time with their own fitting choices. My spouse and I are musicians who have played weddings in the past and were very pleased with their performance. Thank you!

Emma
Emma

Married on 07/11/2019

FANTASTIC-most talked about among our guest

Melissa and Sonya (Violinist) were fantastic! They were the highlight of my ceremony and cocktail hour. As the bride I didn’t get to enjoy them as much as my guest but they were able to hang around a ... Read more little over their time to let me wind down and relax and appreciate them for awhile. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!