MelleFleur

Purcellville, VA · View map

About MelleFleur

I'm Melanie McKenzie, Mel to many, and MelleFleur is my custom floral design business specializing in weddings and events in Northern VA and the DC Metro area. I have been designing flowers for almost nine years. MelleFleur is my play on the French phrase "Mille-Fleur", meaning a thousand flowers. I have always loved European influenced floral design because it's abundant and lush with contrasting, bold color schemes and lots of gorgeous textures.

Because I operate out of my private studio, I'm able to offer clients high-end, luxurious and custom floral designs at an affordable price and more personalized service. I am passionate about floral design, to me it's truly a form of art. Just as no two works of art are the same, no two couples or clients are the same. My designs are unique to each couple's wedding or each client's event, created especially for them.

Often underestimated, flowers are the ultimate accessory, bringing life to a wedding or event. They express emotions and reflect personalities. Flowers also set the mood and create the style of an event. I love finding new inspiration, textures, color combinations and embellishments to enhance and customize my work.

MelleFleur provides competitive prices, personalized service, the highest quality, the freshest flowers and the most gorgeous, unique and stunning designs! Each event is special, no matter the size and I promise yours will get the attention it deserves. On any budget, it would be my pleasure to custom design flowers for your wedding or special event. Call or email me to set up a consultation.

45 Reviews for MelleFleur

45 MelleFleur Reviews

A
Alexandra

Married on 10/10/2015

Melanie was a joy to work with! We emailed back and forth and set up a time to meet. She very much understood our vision for what we wanted for our wedding. She also put together a pinterest board for ... Read more us to use so that we could exchange ideas more easily. She designed table centerpieces for 10 tables, bouquets, boutonnieres, and flowers for my hair to fit our fall inspired romantic style wedding. All the flowers were quite beautiful -- but I will say that my favorite were the boutonnieres she designed -- a blend of leaves berries and flowers in shades of wine. Melanie was also quite accommodating. Our caterer was somewhat particular about when flowers for the tables could be dropped off. Melanie was willing to make two deliveries -- one for the bouquets and boutonnieres and one for the table arrangements -- this made everything work very smoothly!

C
Colleen

Married on 08/01/2015

Melanie did a STUNNING job with our wedding flowers. We were very cost conscious with our flowers since we were working with a tight budget and Melanie was extremely reasonable and kindly answered my ... Read more questions. I was blown away when I saw the arrangements. Boutteniers were wonderful, the corsages came on beautiful pearl bracelets and the bouquets were beautiful. Highly recommend her! Thanks, Melanie.

Lyn
Lyn

Married on 05/24/2015

I loved working with Mellanie! She is a delightful person and we had all our meetings out at her house. She helped develop the whole look and feel of the wedding with my vague vision for flowers.I ... Read more knew I wanted neutral, romantic, fluffy flowers but nothing severe and she designed exactly that. She worked with my last minute decision to do huge family table and change the designs to match. The flowers were so beautiful and she really worked to give me my ideas within the budget we had. I loved my flowers and my bouquet was one of the things I was most excited about seeing on the day of and it didn't disappoint. I highly recommend working with MelleFleur!