Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography

St Thomas, VI · View map

About Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography

Rebecca is a US Virgin Island based photographer that is one of the few photographers permitted to shoot in the National Park on St. John. She specializes in engagement, family, wedding photography.

Rebecca is an island girl at heart. Born in St. Thomas, she spent many hours in the water and at the beach growing up. She gained her love for photography from her mother who always had a camera on hand to capture life's unpredictable moments. That love turned into a passion and she decided to make a career out of it. Rebecca attended the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY (Kodak country) and graduated with a BFA in Photography. After spending many years in the cold, she decided that it was time to head home and capture the beauty of the islands with her camera.

Feel free to contact me with any questions either by phone 340-643-7243 or email me mermaid.rebecca.ruth@gmail.com, I would love to work with you!

46 Reviews for Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography

46 Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography Reviews

S
Sarah

Married on 03/09/2019

Fun, Relaxing, and Perfect!

Working with Rebecca was absolutely amazing! She came to my hotel room first and captured my maid of honor and I getting ready and some special shots of my dress. Following the ceremony she seamlessly ... Read more made sure all of our family and friends were included in the portrait shots with ease and precision. Although my husband and I did not take engagement photos and this was our first professional session together, Rebecca made us feel like models and kept us laughing. I never felt forced to smile because she always had me laughing about something! I am ecstatic over our sneak peek photos and we cannot wait to see the rest. Thank you Rebecca for capturing our special day!

User4697835

Recently married

Rebecca was a very talented a flexible photographer! Our venue ended up having some less-than-picturesque background possibilities and you can't even tell in the photographs. She really used a ... Read more professional eye to make us look our best and to make the wedding site shine, despite difficulties. Highly recommended.

B
Brittany

Married on 05/13/2018

Rebecca was seriously amazing! I met her in the middle of the street 15 minutes before my wedding was supposed to begin, as I was internally freaking out over the last minute change in location. She ... Read more had such a positive attitude and assured me that everything happens for a reason and that it was going to be beautiful, and it was! She was so fun and made us so comfortable. Neither of us are great at having pictures taken of ourselves, but she made us feel like we were models. She took us on an adventure and went to several different locations with us to get some great shots. It’s very clear that she loves her job. She gets really excited about the shots she’s taking, and it’s really cool to watch her work. She’s a perfect combination of fun, hilarious, and professional. I would 100% recommend her to anyone.