Michelle's Cakes

Indian Head, MD · View map

About Michelle's Cakes

A Family run business working in the sugar arts for over 30 years. Michelle has been fortunate enough to study with Earlene Moore, and Collette Peters who you may have seen on the Food Network Channels. Learning new skills along the way and keeping up with the newest trends have made Michelle's Cakes stand out in Southern Maryland. With our studios newly opened we are now teaching the next generations the love of cake.

Michelle's Cakes and Sugar Arts started here locally in Maryland 10 years ago when the store front opened in Southern Maryland. We have been serving great cakes to the greater DC/MD/VA areas ever since.

We believe beautiful cakes are not the only part of our process. Your cakes should taste as wonderful as they look. We use the freshest ingredients we can find and use local organic produce when in season and available. We are always looking for that unique combination of flavors to make the taste buds come to life. So don't be afraid to walk on the wild side sometimes with flavor. The cake should compliment what you are serving, continue the theme you are presenting and make your guests take notice of the special time and thought you put into the this part of your celebration.

Call us for a consultation and tasting. Let us make your cake the focal point of the room and the sweetest part of your new life together as a married couple.

75 Reviews for Michelle's Cakes

75 Michelle's Cakes Reviews

E
Emily

Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful & Very Delicious Cake!

Michelle’s Cakes created a stunning and absolutely delicious cake for our July wedding in Washington D.C.! We found Michelle’s Cakes on Instagram after seeing that she had done a cake for another ... Read more couple at the City Club of Washington. Many cake vendors do not deliver to D.C., so Michelle was the only cake vendor we even considered for our wedding as we knew she was confident in delivering cakes in the city. During our tasting, Michelle sat down with us and went over our options in regards to flavors and fillings and even created a sample cake using Styrofoam layers to show us sizing and height which we really appreciated. She was very accommodating with several changes we made as our wedding grew closer and was very fast in communicating with us. On the day of the wedding, Michelle flawlessly delivered the cake to our reception venue. We were completely blown away with it as it exceeded our vision and expectations! On top of all that, the cake itself was incredibly delicious and flavorful and our guests enjoyed the 4 different flavors we had for each layer of the cake. Michelle’s talent and creativity is unmatched and her attention to detail and perfection made our dream wedding cake possible! She is the only wedding cake vendor you need to look at in the DMV area!

D
David Strickland

Married on 06/30/2019

I recommend them to EVERYONE

Have you ever fallen in love with a bakery, where you can call them and tell them what the occasion is and what flavors you want and when you show up you are more than amazed? I am a very serious ... Read more yelper and reviewer. I know what personal stories mean when you are picking a vendor for an important occasion. Every time I call Michelles for a cake, wether big or small, the staff treats me as family and the masterpieces that they create are amazing.

Dierdre
Dierdre

Married on 04/25/2019

Delicious wedding cake!

Michelle was amazing from the moment I called to schedule the tasting. She had my favorite flavor cake of all time. ITALIAN CREAM CAKE! Which of course was my top layer and going home with me after ... Read more the wedding. She delivered the cake on time for my wedding on April 25th and added the succulents and my bible reading on the cake, just like I wanted. Very professional and very helpful.