MIXTAPE cover band

Brooklyn, NY · View map

About MIXTAPE cover band

If you're ready to turn your wedding from lovely to legendary, look no further than the New York City-based MIXTAPE cover band. This band offers a fresh approach to making sure your wedding rocks in every way. From the way they engage with clients to their style and, most importantly, the songs they play, MIXTAPE is guaranteed to keep your party going until you can't dance any longer.

Founded in 2011, MIXTAPE is a disco-free zone but has an infinite repertoire that includes modern, Motown, special pop hits and more. The band's basic, six-piece setup includes a female vocalist, male vocalist, guitars, a bassist, keyboards and a drummer. From there, you can add strings and horns for a more full sound. MIXTAPE also offers entertainment for ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions. Other services include:

• MC

Katherine
Katherine

Married on 07/13/2019

Great Music

I first heard MIXTAPE cover band at my friend Claire’s wedding. My now-husband and I liked them so much that we asked them to travel down to Baltimore to play at our wedding! We love that they don’t ... Read more just play those classic songs you hear at every wedding, but also play covers of the music we grew up with and want to dance to. They are wonderful musicians - everyone loved them! Melanie was awesome to work with. She is super organized and took care of everything, including things I forgot to think of such as having a microphone for speeches. She also has a great sense of humor and helped smooth over some awkward transitions - like when we decided we wanted to have all of our guests cram together for one giant photo. MIXTAPE made our wedding a great party - we’re so happy they were able to play for us!!

M
Marlene

Married on 09/15/2018

Best band ever!!

When we booked the 8 piece band for our September wedding at Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Melanie was already booked, but Amy was amazing at our wedding! The band totally rocked it. The guests were ... Read more dancing the entire night and everyone was commenting on how great they were. They allowed us to choose 5 definite songs that they would learn for us- and then we customized the rest of our set list based on their extensive list. Melanie was amazing to work with. She went over multiple revisions of our set list and gave us good advice about how to balance the music so that it wouldn’t be too alternative heavy :) She is professional, kind, responsive, and detail oriented. She kept us on track all year without overwhelming us. This band is the real deal - they rocked everything from Beauty and the Beast, Tupelo Honey, MGMT, to Toto Africa, to Give it Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers. I was hesitant to pick RHCP since they are my absolute favorite and I didn’t think a cover band could do it, but I was sooooo impressed by their rendition. Even my parents were dancing to the funk rock! The ceremony artists were also amazing! We hired a cellist and keyboardist. They were able to learn songs that we chose from Brooklyn Duo’s repertoire of arrangements. I highly recommend this band for your wedding!

B
Brooke

Married on 09/08/2018

Perfect band experience :)

Melanie and her band were absolutely amazing at our wedding, to the point where I wish we had recorded their performance so I could watch it back and experience them again! As a huge music fan, the ... Read more one thing I had planned in my mind for my wedding as a kid was the music I wanted played, but I had never seen a wedding band before that played anything other than cheesy / top 40 music before. I assumed I was going to have to get a DJ to get the musical experience I envisioned (and make the playlist for them!) Luckily my husband went to a wedding a few years prior where Mixtape was the band and managed to convince me to book them without having seen them live before (their online videos don't do them justice - they are even better in person!) Working with Melanie was a great experience from start to finish, and I'm so glad we booked them. She helped us out last minute in a pinch when our venue dropped the ball on providing a sound system for the ceremony and the entire event ran smoothly from start to finish. She also let us pick out pretty much every song of the night, including when they were on break, which was a dream come true. We had endless compliments about how great they were all night, and for weeks afterwards! Now I'm hoping we have another friend book them for their wedding so we can get to see them again :) Truly a great experience, and I'll always treasure them closing out the night with a group singalong to "Hey Jude".