Modern Bride and Formal Shop

Bedford, New Hampshire · View map · Visit website

About Modern Bride and Formal Shop

Modern Bride and Formal Shop is a premier bridal salon in Bedford, New Hampshire, that has over 7,500 square feet of space. With the region’s largest selection of designer gowns, it’s no wonder brides travel from every corner of New England to shop here. Modern Bride has been family-owned and operated since 1946, providing brides with designer gowns that don’t come at the designer price. Their attention to detail and personalized service will surely make your visit about more than just the selection.

Modern Bride and Formal Shop has an on-site seamstress to help ensure that the gown you love fits perfectly! While their products are final sale, they receive new inventory seasonally and their gowns have a nine to eleven month turnaround time. Modern Bride is happy to serve the bride, bridesmaids, father of the bride, father of the groom, flower girls, groom, groomsmen, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, and ring bearers. Attire services include alterations, preservation, and trunk shows.

Other Services
In addition to designer gowns, Modern Bride and Formal shop carries a wide selection of items to complete your wedding day style. Bridal belts, costume accessories, garters, hair accessories, and jewelry are available for you to try on. You can also look at:

• Formal gowns

A
Featured
Anne-Marie

Married on 08/19/2017

I had visited another Bridal Salon first and I wish I never had. My first experience was absolutely horrific! I was terrified when i walked into Modern Bride but as i began to look around I was ... Read more pleasantly surprised at how spacious the bridal salon was. I visited on a Tuesday afternoon about 1:00 pm on a whim. To my surprise I was the only person there and received nothing less then extraordinary service. Ashley was my Bridal Consultant and she was amazing. I had made a list of dresses i had wanted to look at and the girls immediately went to work on pulling up the gowns on their system. I was told to walk through the many rows of dresses and pick anything i had liked while they worked on my list. My sister and best friend had so much fun going through the dresses and putting aside dresses they thought i should try on. I was never once asked "Well whats your price range." That was the first question the last salon had asked. Ashley got what dresses they had in stock and promptly showed me to a dressing room. I was the center of attention and felt like what a bride should feel like. I was not just another dollar sign to a pushy Bridal Consultant. Ashley even said she was having "Fun just listening to us having so much fun." Another perk to this salon ladies is that they are connected to a lingerie store called top draw. I have never been married and frankly i did not have any push up backless strapless bra or shape wear but the wonderful ladies at top draw did! I was allowed to borrow a bra and then fitted after i found my gown. It took me only an hour to find my dress. It was a laid back and stress free environment and I can not wait until i bring my bridal party in for their dresses later this month. Everyone should seriously consider visiting this location they are amazing and if i could rate this salon a 10 i would. Thank you Modern Bride and the fabulous Ashley.

Morganne
Morganne Bent

Getting married on 10/11/2020

Wonderful Experience!

I had a blast shopping for my dress at Modern Bride with Delaney - she was wonderful to work with, so welcoming and kind. Based on the survey I'd filled out with my style/detail preferences, Delaney ... Read more was already well-versed in what I was looking for. She walked us through the racks, explaining how the dresses were organized and gave me the perfect amount of time to take it all in before going to try some dresses I had picked out. She was just great to work with all-around, and my mom and sister felt the same way. I did end up finding my dream dress and would recommend Modern Bride to anyone searching for theirs! They were professional, inviting and very experienced with a great selection of gowns for every budget.

Grace
Grace Donison

Getting married on 09/26/2020

Modern Bride is the place to go!

I had a lovely experience both times I visited Modern Bride this year. I just purchased a dress today (and for a steal, thanks to their Summer sale! ) Debbie Fortin helped us out immensely. She is ... Read more kind, honest and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her services and this bridal shop!