Monica Lopez Photography

Cancun · View map

About Monica Lopez Photography

Photography has been my ticket to see the world in a different perspective, to meet wonderful people, to experience a roller coaster of emotions, to be a witness of the most beautiful moments a person could have.

Born in Guadalajara with the heart of an artist, I always dreamed of capturing the world as I saw it. In my constant pursuit of self-expression, I grasped at any tools within reach: crayons, pencils, paints, words, computers, and, eventually a camera. I now spend my days on the sandy shores of this famous beach town capturing the most precious moments of locals and visitors alike.

Destination weddings, honeymoons, babymoons, family reunions, and anniversaries… I have taken pictures during the most breathtaking sunsets and at the most elaborate weddings, but what never fails to take my breath away is the opportunity I have been granted to meet with and get to know some of the most remarkable people. I know that people are never as simple as their first impressions might lead you to believe.

I also believe that no two couples are exactly the same. I seek to work with couples and families of all kinds and create images that truly draw out their personalities.

Being a newlywed myself, I understand deeply that nothing is more important or more treasured than images of love frozen in time. So let’s chat, laugh, and hit the bright white beaches of Cancun together! Let’s capture your story!

Contact me at:

Angel
Angel Mae Nicodemus

Getting married on 05/31/2020

Ahhhmazing

Me and my fiance decided to go on a week vacation in Cancun Mexico and we thought its a good opportunity to do our engagement photoshoot in such a beautiful place. Then I saw Monica's profile and fell ... Read more in love with her work. So I got her to do our photoshoot in Isla Mujeres and boy! that place is magical. We were in awe of the natural beauty of the place as well as its nearby beaches. Monica really did an amazing job, she is very kind and easy to work with. We are very happy of the end results of our photoshoot. Get her as your photographer she's worth it!

S
Stephanie

Married on 07/06/2019

We picked Cancun for our pictures because we knew it was our last vacation before the wedding and we’ve always said Mexico has the best beaches. We were in Playa Del Carmen 2 years ago and my fiancé ... Read more said Cancun’s beaches are beautiful, we should go next time. Both of us also love being on a beach, so I had suggested just doing the engagement pictures there. Doing them at home in the city wasn’t “us”. What we enjoyed most about our vacation was probably enjoying the pool/beach side. Spending time off in this scenery is so relaxing. We also really enjoyed the engagement shoot. It was one step closer in the planning process and Monica made us both feel so relaxed and at ease, it felt natural! You can tell when you’re working with her, she’s very passionate about what she does and values the whole process. Many photographers dont give off that vibe and it’s nice to work with someone who loves what they do. She made sure we made use of all our time, had great ideas for pictures and didnt take long at all to get them back to us. We would definitely love to work with her again in the future. We can’t really pick a favourite picture from our shoot, as they are so different and unique, they all have something admirable about them. I think ones where she caught us off guard and took snaps of us laughing are my favourite - they look the most natural! For any couples planning on doing this in the future, pick a beach! The pictures turn out so well. Wear light colours and have fun!

A
Arden

Married on 06/08/2019

We hired Monica to take our engagement photos and I honestly cannot say enough good things! As a slightly camera shy couple her warmth, joy, and expertise really helped us open up more in the photos. ... Read more She really helped direct for the shots which we desperately needed, but was never bossy or demanding. I have never had photos of either of us that I’ve loved more. They’re genuine, but flattering. Romantic, but not cheesy. If you’re still making a decision on what photographer to use, don’t hesitate! You will be so happy with Monica!