Moon River Rituals

Manchester, Connecticut · View map · Visit website

About Moon River Rituals

Moon River Rituals offers wedding ceremony writing and officiant services throughout Connecticut. Zita Christian, the wedding officiant of Moon River, caters to the unchurched, those who describe themselves as spiritual, not religious. She was a successful romance novelist before turning her passion for love stories to “real-life” happily ever afters. She views your love story as the heart of the ceremony, and will piece together all sorts of words, readings, and rituals that reflect your beliefs. Zita hosts "Weddings with Zita" on YouTube where she interviews other wedding professionals, newlyweds, and offers ceremony ideas. She also as well as "Ritual Recipes, a podcast filled with practical magic to nourish your inner life." Through the podcast, she offers ways to create your own family traditions and imbue your holiday celebrations with home-made meaning.

Zita Christian of Moon River Rituals creates custom wedding ceremonies for couples who are spiritual, not religious. Her ceremonies honor the traditional elements of a wedding ceremony and, at the same time, incorporates rituals that include the parents and/or grandparents, the honor attendants, and special guests who are not members of the wedding party. The love story she writes for each couples shows not only how they fell in love, but why. Not only is the love story the ideal prelude to the moment you take your vows, your love story is also a blueprint for what really looks like. That blueprint is a gift you can give to your guests.

76 Reviews for Moon River Rituals

76 Moon River Rituals Reviews

L
Featured
Lindsay

Married on 06/15/2018

I really can’t say enough amazing things about Zita. I personally wanted to elope, but my now husband and family wanted to have a big wedding. I always felt like weddings take away from the ceremony ... Read more and marriage by putting too much focus on the reception. I didn’t want to lose the most important part of my day, marrying my husband. Zita made me feel excited about my wedding everytime I spoke with her. When wedding planning had me stressed and upset, Zita always put the focus back on what was important. We are spiritual, not religious, and Zita caters to exactly that. I read reviews from other couples Zita had married who said that everyone at the reception, and for days and weeks after, commented on how much they loved the officiant and the ceremony. I can’t tell you how many of my wedding guests did the same, and are still saying how much they loved her and the ceremony. If you’re not sure on which officiant to choose, do yourself a favor and just give Zita a call. She is the best!

Allison
Allison

Married on 06/15/2019

...Our guests were in tears!

Thanks to Zita, our ceremony was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! My wife and I were interested in finding a non-religious officiant who said more than what's required by law. Zita was ... Read more our answer. From our first meeting, Zita made sure she understood what mattered most to us and what experiences and beliefs defined us individually, and as a couple. She walked us through everything step by step and brought possibilities to our attention that we hadn't even thought of. Our guests were in tears, and at our reception, everyone we talked to would gush about our wonderful officiant!

C
Claire

Married on 05/18/2019

Wow just WOW

If you are reading this you need to meet Zita as soon as you can. We knew she was the perfect person to tell our story as soon as we met her. It was everything in us not to ugly cry for the entire ... Read more ceremony and we had to avoid eye contact with our teary eyed guests. Zita has a gift. Her ability to speak about us in a way that makes us sound so exciting and like something straight out of a romantic movie is something that I still cannot wrap my head around. She will forever hold such a special place in our hearts. We are eternally grateful for what she have done for us and allowed our friends and family to share with us. There were so many happy tears and it really filled everyone with the same love that we have for each other. She will make your wedding that “something extra” and tell your story like she has known you for your entire life.