Morais Vineyards & Winery

Bealeton, District of Columbia · View map · Visit website

About Morais Vineyards & Winery

Morais Vineyards & Winery is an elegant wedding venue located just outside of Washington, D.C in Bealeton, Virginia. This romantic vineyard venue features a variety of indoor and outdoor wedding locations that will have your guests swooning. The large ballroom is the perfect place for grandiose wedding day celebrations, while the impressive courtyards and terraces make the perfect setting for an unforgettable cocktail hour. This elegant venue features a variety of breathtaking balconies perfect for wedding day photos.

Facilities and Capacity
With a maximum capacity of 300 guests, Morais Vineyards & Winery is the perfect setting for intimate gatherings and large celebrations alike. The Palacio room is the venue’s main ballroom. This is a versatile space, used for both ceremonies and receptions. The elevated ceiling makes the space feel open and airy, while the large windows invite natural light to stream in throughout the day. Say “I do” on the steps of this rooms built-in stage before retreating to one of the venues patios for a pleasant cocktail hour. When you return for mingling with loved ones over breathtaking views of the outdoors, the ballroom will be ready for dining and dancing, with plenty of space for a large dance floor.

Morais Vineyards & Winery offers a variety of wedding day services. One of the venue's greatest features is the spectacular bridal suite. With an entrance led up to by a beautiful wrought iron staircase, you’ll feel like you’re entering your own personal haven as you retreat to prepare for your big day. When you arrive inside this charming abode you’ll find a room bright with natural sunlight, complete with multiple vanity seating, LED mirrors, vintage lounge furniture and more. Also found at Morais Vineyards & Winery is a fully equipped industrial kitchen, available for your caterer’s use. The warmers, gas stove, fryers and freezer will be everything your chef needs to create a fantastic wedding day meal. Morais Vineyards & Winery’s services include:

• Bridal suite

Sandra
Featured
Sandra Gray

Married on 06/15/2019

Morais is a magical wedding venue!!

We held my daughter’s wedding at this beautiful venue in June of 2019. I just can’t say enough nice things about this venue and their team. Cathy Ricciardi is so sweet and was such a delight to work ... Read more with. I could tell from each of my encounters with the Morais staff that they take enormous pride in their work and wish to show it in the best possible condition. The venue is beautiful inside and out and so well maintained. Where to begin. The venue is custom made for a romantic fairy tale wedding. The architecture is reminiscent of a grand Mediterranean villa which we love. Everything has been carefully selected to make a wedding and reception exceptional. There are just so many beautiful photo ops from intricate stonework, beautiful landscaping, fountain, lake, balconies, ornate turn of the century style greenhouse and other unique structures, and of course the vineyards. It is truly a photographer's dream. There is a very cool wine barrel room beneath the building that can be used for pictures and they turned out stunning. There is also a small but beautiful chapel. The outside pergola where the ceremonies typically take place is a beautiful setting right in front of a lake. The only decor we added was a soft drape as nothing else was needed. The guests then retired to the beautiful bar and foyer area which spills outside to the courtyard with tables for the cocktail hour. There was more than ample room for our 150 guests to move about and mingle. There is plenty of parking and it close by. The reception room is just Wow! We needed so little decor because the room is just so impressive by itself, decorated in a renaissance castle style. We had small lanterns on each table with greenery and flowers around them and that is all that was needed. The gold chairs added so much to the overall effect. I know it seems like a minor item but when you have 150 of them, nice chairs really make a difference in the overall appearance! There is a beautiful raised dais windowed alcove where the wedding ceremony can take place if weather dictates and it was so nice that we didn’t have to make the final decision regarding indoor vs outdoor until the day of. It took so much stress out of the process….we rehearsed for both and knew it would look good either way. The reception room leads out to beautiful balconies with tables for gathering and enjoying the views of the property. The bathrooms were very nice and there were enough of them that there was never the dreaded line that I have encountered at too many weddings. The bridal suite is such an amazing addition to the property. We called it the little princess castle which is what it seemed like to our flower girls, We had seven bridesmaids, two flower girls, three mothers, a grandmother and a few other friends in there getting our hair and makeup done prior to the event and we had plenty of room for four hair/make up artists, a huge lunch spread and the photographer taking the getting ready photos. It has a beautiful quiet courtyard attached where anyone could go if they needed to gather their thoughts and grab some quiet moments. There is also a man cave in the main building where the gentlemen could get ready as well. I really could go on all day about this stunning property and I didn’t get to see all of the features as it was a busy day for me as the MOB. I can just say it was worth every penny and I thought the price for renting the venue was very comparable to prices in this area with so many added benefits. And the Morais wine is great! I would highly recommend Morais Vineyards to anyone wishing to have a beautiful wedding! Photographs courtesy of Stephanie Messick Photography

Nia
Nia Henry

Getting married on 08/01/2020

I Found The Wedding Venue Of Our Dreams

My Fiance and I spent alot of time deciding whether or not we were going to have a small wedding outside of the country or a large wedding with all of our family and friends. When we spent time ... Read more looking up venues we could not find one that had beautiful outdoor space with a large ballroom, large enough to hold our loved ones. Morais was a gem that I found and immediately booked an appointment to see it. An hour outside of DC which is perfect (a destination outside of the city), Morais is breathtaking at first glance. But the ballroom, the ballroom was what won our hearts. This venue had everything we ever dreamed of all at once. We couldnt have asked for a more fitting venue. The staff has been so helpful, informative and answer any and every question we have. Our wedding is next year and I can not wait!

Lauren
Lauren

Married on 06/29/2019

We love morais

On June 29, 2019, we got married at the most magical venue. The venue itself and the Morais team exceeded all of our expectations. First, Cathy is beyond incredible. She is so kind, helpful, diligent ... Read more and reliable. Working with her made our experience even better. She goes above and beyond to ensure that your wedding is perfect, and worked so well with all of our other vendors! Second, the venue is truly a dream. Pictures do not do it justice. I will never forget the first time I went to visit with my mom and sister. I had looked at other venues, but as soon as we pulled up to Morais I knew that it was different. We were ready to book the date before we even left the venue. It is breathtaking! Our our wedding day, we loved having the time to hang out and get ready with our bridesmaids and groomsmen in the suites. We also loved having the ceremony outside by the beautiful pergola and then our cocktail hour and reception inside. The ballroom is unbelievable so even if it rained, it still would've been perfect. Overall, we cannot recommend this venue enough. We loved it and will always stay in touch/come back to visit! THANK YOU MORAIS - WE LOVE YOU! - Lauren and Trey Scott Photographer: Sarah Shank