More Than a Dress

Athens, AL · View map

About More Than a Dress

"Making memories that last a lifetime is going to take.. More Than A Dress"

My name is Melissa Thacker and my business is More Than a Dress - Wedding and Event Planning. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over twenty-two years. I have three children, two of which are having their own weddings in the summer of 2011. I was born and raised in Athens, AL, where I graduated from East Limestone High School and went on to attend Calhoun College and Athens State University.
I have been working with weddings as a hobby for over fifteen years. It is an absolute passion for me. I have a thirst for knowledge and have discovered that much of what I have learned through the years helps me in event planning. I have taken courses in cosmetology, photography, cake decorating, sewing, art and even learned to dye shoes in one of my former jobs. I have planned and directed weddings, sang at weddings, made wedding cakes and grooms cakes, dipped strawberry towers, prepared food, made decorative ice molds, silk flower arrangements, been a bridesmaid and matron of honor, took videos and pictures at weddings, dyed shoes for weddings, helped design and make a wedding dress, and decorated weddings. I can only remember attending one wedding that I did nothing more than attend and I was only a child. I have also planned many other parties and events. I earned perfect scores in my Professional Bridal Consulting Program. Now I am excited to help you plan your event, because to have the day you've been dreaming of it is going to take More Than a Dress!

2 Reviews for More Than a Dress

2 More Than a Dress Reviews

H
Heather

Married on 07/02/2011

This is a wonderful lady to have by your side as you make all of your wedding day decisions! She knows exactly which questions to ask the vendors and how to keep your budget on track. She has a good ... Read more eye, is extremely organized, and carries all the stress for you. Wonderful planner!!

M
Miranda

Married on 06/18/2011

More Than A Dress helped us plan our ENTIRE wedding. She helped with everything from decorations, itineraries, and budget to rehearsal direction, day of direction and vendor referrals. Melissa is ... Read more fantastic, organized, sweet, and a VERY good listener. I strongly suggest hiring More Than A Dress and help relieve yourself from some of the wedding planning stress!

More Than a Dress FAQ