Mount Ida Farm

Scottsville, VA · View map · Visit website

About Mount Ida Farm

Mount Ida Farm & Vineyard now offers THREE distinct, exclusive, and private venues for weddings.

Coupled with the backdrop of the grand historic Mount Ida Manor and spectacular lakeside gazebo ceremony site, the Event Barn offers a unique country estate setting.

If panoramic mountain views in a rustic chic location is desired, The Lodge provides the perfect venue; complete with a mountain grove ceremony, soaring timber ceilings, and crystal chandeliers.

If you want to get married with your toes in the sand, our newest venue at Water’s Edge may be what you are looking for. Rustic charm meets coastal elegance at this beach side retreat. Choose between a wedding inside at the Red Barn or opt for an outdoor celebration at the Pavillion overlooking the lake.

42 Reviews for Mount Ida Farm

42 Mount Ida Farm Reviews

N
Featured
Nicole Eisenberg

Married on 10/27/2018

A magical, romantic, and warm wedding!

Mount Ida Farm (The Event Barn) was the PERFECT venue for our wedding! While it is incredibly expensive by our standards, when compared with other barn and vineyard venues in the area, it is properly ... Read more priced. Savings with Mount Ida are that you don’t have to buy alcohol from them (vineyard wine is more expensive than buying from your caterer or on your own), and the venues (ceremony and reception) are so beautiful that centerpieces and decorations can be more minimal. There are some specific rules that Mount Ida does require, and I recommend you ask questions and read closely. For example, they require you to have a day-of coordinator (I HIGHLY recommend you do this even if you do not choose Mount Ida), events are required to conclude by 11pm (county laws), and rehearsals have to take place before 12pm if it is on Friday-Sunday I believe due to other weddings (we just did ours at a restaurant). Besides being absolutely stunning and a warm, welcoming place for our wedding, Mount Ida has a fabulous team. Kathryn and Kathleen in the corporate office, Bronwyn for pre-event coordination, and Tracy for day-of management were all super friendly, helpful, and organized. Bronwyn was especially a gem when our original day-of-coordinator did not show up for our walk through. She was calm, collected, and un-phased by the snafu and was willing to walk through paperwork and timeline with me and my now husband. She reassured us that everything would be perfect and that there was nothing to worry about—she was right! She also made sure we had time to practice our first dance in the space, which made us way more comfortable for the day of. I am sure I am missing many details that are amazing in my review, so if you think you like Mount Ida from the pictures online—go visit! The venues book up quickly, so I recommend you ask for available dates during the months you’re thinking about in the same note that asks for a tour.

Meagan
Meagan Gendron

Getting married on 01/04/2020

Incredible Staff and Venue

I was married at the Lodge and I couldn't have asked for a better venue! Not only were the on site staff extremely friendly, but they were available for our entire weekend stay. We did the mini ... Read more destination package and our families rented two additional houses for a 3 day weekend. Tracy was available for any of our questions that weekend and Matt was phenomenal with any maintenance or on site help we needed as well. Mount Ida also has remote staff that worked with us and were available during the entire planning process. I did not have to set up, take down or put away a single thing the entire weekend and especially the day of. Mount Ida is worth every single penny and then some. We will forever be getting compliments on how relaxed the staff was day of as well as the horses and exceptionally gorgeous property. We can't wait to continue to visit and drink wine at their taproom too!

Megan
Megan

Married on 06/01/2019

This venue was made for weddings!

We visited The Lodge Mount Ida about a year before our wedding, and not only is the property absolutely stunning, but the people were so sweet and welcoming they had a big influence on our decision to ... Read more choose Mount Ida! They were very sweet, and allowed us to visit a couple of times so our parents could see, and were very easy to work with. The wedding couldn't have gone smoother!