Music in Tahoe

Truckee, Nevada · View map

About Music in Tahoe

Music in Tahoe is a professional wedding entertainment company based in Truckee, California. With its professional, skilled, and experienced team, the company makes every wedding fun, lively, and memorable. Music in Tahoe is dedicated to turning every event a success and has been providing wedding DJs, live music, and sound reinforcement in the Tahoe area since 2008.

Experience
Isaac Freed, the musical director, graduated from California State University, Chico, with a bachelor’s degree in music industry and technology. He worked at a local radio station and developed his skills and abilities in DJing, playing live, managing bookings, and promoting and producing events. Peter Kowalczyk, the technical director, graduated from the Cornell University with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minor in audio science and technology.

Music in Tahoe has DJs and live musicians who can play a variety of music genres including electronic, hip-hop, jazz, oldies, pop, R&B/soul, rock, and top 40. The company also provides event equipment such as microphones, a sound/PA system, projectors, and uplighting. Other services include:

• Consultation

Jennifer
Jennifer Wilson

Getting married on 03/05/2021

I LOVED having Isaac as the DJ

I am a speaker and have 13 years experience with over 100,000 people. I was INCREDIBLY impressed by Isaac. The sound was perfect and my favorite thing was how aware of everyones energy. In a speakers ... Read more speakers world you say "Read your room". If people aren't with you, you change what you are doing. Some DJ's will stick to their plan. But Isaac was a master. If the energy was low he changed to a more upbeat song the song. If we were out of breath he slowed it down. Everyone had a blast, and my favorite part, was I could hear the ENTIRE WEDDING CEREMONY easily!!! I know it sounds simple but I have been to many wedding where I could barely hear anything. I would hire him for my wedding in the future and recommend him to anyone!

M
Marisa Tovar

Married on 05/04/2019

The best dj!

Music was incredibly important to us and the main priority for our wedding - we wanted to make sure people danced but, more importantly, that our DJ understood our vibe and could make our wedding ... Read more uniquely ours. Isaac BLEW US AWAY. Not only did he vibe on all the soul/oldies/funk that we loved, he knew all the new stuff we loved as well Tuxedo/Lizzo, etc. He is truly a musical magician and perfectly curated every aspect of our wedding - from the pre-ceremony to cocktail hour to easing everyone onto the dance floor to playing the spot on songs in the midst of the full blown dance party - he always read the room and knew what would work best. All of our friends and family commented on our music and even asked for his information because they could not believe where we found this “wedding DJ”. Isaac was beyond a wedding DJ - our guests felt like they were at a full blown show dancing the night away to an amazing DJ set. If music is a priority to you (and it should be, it really sets the tone and vibe!) then, Music in Tahoe is a must. The dance floor was packed the whole night and we are so grateful for choosing Isaac and Music in Tahoe!

J
Jennifer

Married on 08/10/2018

I cannot fully express how HAPPY we are that we hired Isaac with Music in Tahoe as the DJ for our wedding reception! We had a destination wedding where absolutely no one we knew was from the Tahoe ... Read more area, which meant selecting our vendors was done completely based on reviews and interviewing over the phone. From the start I felt comfortable talking with Isaac, and not like he was selling me on just another gig like I felt with some of the other interviews. He was so easy to talk to, and made sure to ask the right questions so he fully understood the type of atmosphere we wanted to create for our guests! The song list & timeline planning was a breeze, my husband and I both love a variety of music but my husband definitely wanted a period towards the end of the night of just nothing but old school hip hop etc (we’re 80’s babies here), so Isaac created the perfect mashup from our song list! He was set up & ready to go with plenty of time before the party. Once the guests arrived at the reception, he immediately started greeting them, making them feel welcome, and setting the stage for the absolute BEST party of our lives! The night stayed on schedule thanks to his direction following our timeline. He even reminded guest about visiting the photo booth and updated them on other various things throughout the night so that no one missed out! The music mashup was incredible and flowed so perfectly building up getting better & better the whole night through, and ended with the hip hop party finale my husband & I wanted, all of our favorite songs! Our dance floor was packed ALL night long, and once it was all over the only complaint we heard from our guest was that they they were having so much fun they didn’t want the party to end... and in my opinion that’s a complaint every bride wants to hat the end of her wedding day!!