Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Suffolk, VA · View map · Visit website

About Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment is a wedding DJ company with offices in Hampton Roads and Richmond. We specialize in weddings and special events, and have provided professional DJ's, emcee's & awesome entertainment to more than 1,000 amazing events! With its expert staff, state-of-the-art equipment and unmatched skills, Music Makes You Happy Entertainment delivers unforgettable celebrations!

Experience
Chris Rice, the founder, continues to enhance the company's services with the use of the DJ skills he cultivated while in college and sharpened throughout years of experience in the industry. Together with the team and their combined 20 years of experience, the company continues to grow and and improve wedding celebrations.

The DJs of Music Makes You Happy Entertainment play a variety of music genres from every decade. They also offer additional equipment such as a venue uplighting, custom monogramed gobos, flat screens, projectors and more to lighten up the wedding event. Have a band and don't need a DJ for the entire event? No problem! We can emcee or host your event and play music during the band breaks.

128 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

128 Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

Caleb
Featured
Caleb Myers

Married on 12/15/2018

Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Chris Rice was the perfect fit for our wedding and was a key player in making the day come together. He was the ideal balance of fun and meticulous, not to mention his radio voice! He understood how ... Read more to entertain a crowd and how to deliver the experience we desired our guests to have. He did both the sound for our ceremony and reception, and was able to take a sampling of music we gave him to come up with a full playlist of songs that fit us. Chris made himself available every time we had questions or wanted help finding the perfect song for part of our day. He also had an excellent understanding of wedding timelines and helped us tremendously as we figured out what we wanted our day to look like. He was responsible and professional every step of the way. He was even committed to keeping our secrets! The bride wanted her first dance and father/daughter dance songs to be a surprise for her. She also planned to surprise her mother with a special dance between the two of them. Chris managed to keep all these secrets without forgetting any other important details throughout the day. We were pleased to be able to work with the owner of this company directly, and after our experience with him, I’d recommend his business to anyone. If he puts as much thought and care into his company as he did our wedding, then I would vouch for any DJ that he makes part of his team.

L
Lisa

Married on 06/29/2019

Went above and beyond!

Chris from Music Makes You Happy was the absolute best! He was incredibly responsive to all of my questions throughout the planning process, and their online system was really easy to use! He picked ... Read more the perfect combination of songs and at just the right time, including songs my guests requested and our must-plays. I can't say enough great things about his professionalism, responsiveness, MC skills, and musical talent! It is a real skill to manage the mood of the reception, and he did it perfectly! It's hard to impress a family full of musicians and he blew us all away!

Meghan
Meghan White

Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Job!

I’ve had the privilege of working multiple weddings with Chris Rice. I knew when it was time for my own wedding, I knew he was the only DJ I wanted. He completely exceeded our expectations and some! ... Read more He understood how to entertain our crowd, and delivered an awesome experience. Not only did our family love him, so did our guests. I would recommend this company to everyone!! He went above and beyond for us and was the perfect fit, that helped our wedding day run smooth.