My Friend's Bakery

Madbury, NH · View map · Visit website

About My Friend's Bakery

My Friend’s Bakery is a custom cake and dessert studio in Madbury, New Hampshire. My Friend’s is fully licensed and was opened in 2008 by Lara Vanasco, a pastry chef with a degree from Johnson & Wales University. Every couple is proudly treated like a friend, getting the personal attention and time they deserve.

My Friend’s Bakery creates custom designed wedding cakes (made with frosting or buttercream) to fit the couples’ ideas, desires, and tastes. The staff offers delivery and setup for events and is happy to provide consultations and private tastings in advance so you can be sure you’re all on the same page (and that you love what you’re going to get)! In addition to cakes, My Friend’s Bakery can also bake brownies, cookies, cupcakes, fruit pies, groom’s cakes, turnovers, and whoopie pies, as well as supply a dessert buffet — perfect for couples who can’t settle on just one sweet treat.

31 Reviews for My Friend's Bakery

31 My Friend's Bakery Reviews

S
Featured
stephanie

Married on 06/05/2016

I do not typically like buttercream frosting, however I found her at a wedding show at The Red Barn and her cupcakes were the most amazing cupcakes I have ever had. They were so moist and the frosting ... Read more was the best butter cream I have ever had. Her rates are amazing. Everyone at my wedding loved the cake bar I had. She was so flexible, a week before I had to add another cake into the order due to a food allergy and she was great about it. Highly recommend her services!!!

Mandie
Mandie

Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious and Beautiful

I know many great bakeries around that would be able to do my wedding cake, but I chose My Friend's Bakery. The reason was because she uses Italian meringue buttercream, which is what I prefer. Also, ... Read more cake tasting was free. I personally am a professional pastry chef, so I was doubting Lara at first. I came in for the tasting with my mother-in-law, who at the time just came from Indonesia, so her palate was still Indonesian palate (most of my guests were Indonesians). We both liked the cake so much. It was very moist and delicious. The buttercream was what I was looking for, so we decided to go with it. On the day of my reception, I could ask for a better cake! All of my guests loved it! The cake was beautiful, better than what I envisioned. I will definitely order another cake from Lara. Highly recommended!

Sarah
Sarah

Married on 09/02/2018

Best desserts ever!!

If you are looking for a cake designer who will surpass your every expectation, please look no further! Lara was an absolute pleasure to work with! I wish I had another event coming up just so I ... Read more could hire her again!! When we first met with Lara, we had very specific ideas in mind. We went in thinking we only wanted a dessert bar but when we saw and tasted her amazing cakes we instantly changed our minds. Our 3 tier birch cake was literally the best looking and most delicious wedding cake I have ever had. We also had a dessert bar that consisted of 5 different (all equally delicious) mini treats. We had cream puffs, chocolate cream pies, apple cider donuts, blueberry and lemon curd tarts, and cheesecake bites. Not only is Lara amazing at making desserts but she is also amazing at responding in a very timely manor. I was a very indecisive bride went back and forth on what I wanted and emailed Lara several times. Each time she responded very quickly and told me I had up until 2 weeks before the wedding to make my final decision. That right there was a main reason why she is a brides dream vendor. I have no complaints about My Friends Bakery and I HIGHLY recommend Lara.