National Gown Cleaners, LLC

Campbell, CA · View map

About National Gown Cleaners, LLC

We are Textile Conservators known as “The Experts” by Elegant Bride and by many bridal magazine editors Internationally. National Gown Cleaners has been bringing museum quality cleaning and preservation methods to the public for over 86 years. The company is internationally known for their expertise in cleaning, preserving, and restoring hard to clean attire. They are recommended by many garment manufactures and bridal salons, and have been featured in many magazines and books such as California Bride, The Wedding Sourcebook, Wedding Tips from the Experts, Wedding Ideas, Elegant Bride, Weddings “In Style” Brides and Weddingbells. Their goal is to educate the customer on how to care for their treasured textiles. While not inexpensive, clients value the detailed process. Their reference book includes celebrity, royalty, museums, textile collectors and your adverge brides.

What does it all mean?

Preservation includes preventive measures to extend the life of an object for display and research.

Conservation is the physical or chemical treatment of an object to stabilize it.

Restoration, a process not normally used by history museums, makes an object appear newer by bringing it closer to its original condition.

16 Reviews for National Gown Cleaners, LLC

16 National Gown Cleaners, LLC Reviews

K
Kathy

Married on 04/09/2016

With less than a week before my wedding… I flew in from Italy with my gown and somehow managed to get my skirt dirty even though it was bagged. I frantically found myself looking online and contacting ... Read more everyone from high end bridals salons, couture designers, other dry cleaners (all listed on Weddingwire & The Knot) and a few museums. Finally, after calling The De Young Museum in San Francisco, Christine Morrissey from National Gown Cleaners name came up again. I was impressed and decided to give them a call. They are normally closed to the public on Tuesday and Thursdays but after I told Christine that the De Young referred me, she agreed to meet with me the next day Tuesday. I was staying with my parents and getting married up near the Sacramento area and didn’t want to drive that far south, but I also didn’t want to trust just anyone to manage my very expensive Mauro Adami gown. I met with Christine who is extremely detail oriented, thorough and highly knowledgeable. I knew I was in good hands. That Thursday, Christine emailed me to say my gown was done and that it looked great, and that I could come in the next day to pick it up. It looked amazing! Christine made sure to go well above and beyond to make sure I was happy with their work. My dress was perfect and I’m so grateful to Christine and her company for the fast and wonderful service. Just a note, I later learned that they donate a lot of money to charitable organizations for battered women, and donate their services to many military brides, and brides dying of cancer. A company with a purpose other than making money! I would recommend them to everyone in need of cleaning and professional preservation that goes beyond your normal dry cleaning experience. Thank you for your excellent work Christine and team!

User3748062

2+ years ago

Everything was great! Faster than originally estimated (awesome! ) and dress looks brand new after cleaning! So happy with the entire process! :-) Read more Everything was great! Faster than originally estimated (awesome!) and dress looks brand new after cleaning! So happy with the entire process! :-)

User3724112

2+ years ago

My daughter's gown was cleaned to our satisfaction. Job we'll done! Read more My daughter's gown was cleaned to our satisfaction. Job we'll done!!