National Museum of the Marine Corps

Triangle, District of Columbia · View map · Visit website

About National Museum of the Marine Corps

National Museum of the Marine Corps is a government building and wedding banquet hall located in Triangle, Virginia. Housing some of the nation’s most historic and treasured artifacts, this museum invites couples to celebrate their wedding day amidst rich history in a unique setting. From the marble and glass walls in the gallery to the vintage aircrafts strung overhead, this venue is where modern elegance meets intriguing archives.

Facilities and Capacity
National Museum of the Marine Corps features a variety of event spaces to choose from based on your event size and style. The Leatherneck Gallery, complete with marble and glass walls and a mast that rises over 200 feet high, can host up to 650 guests for a dinner reception. The Overlook, located on the second floor of the venue, looks down on the Leatherneck Gallery and provides a unique view of the museum’s main hall. This space accommodates 40 guests for a seated event or 100 guests for a standing reception. For an elegant ceremony space, you’ll be captivated by Semper Fidelis Memorial Chapel, complete with panoramic windows and breathtaking views of the surrounding woods. This space is perfect for intimate gatherings to medium-sized affairs, with space for up to 140 guests.

Known for its class and commitment to excellence, National Museum of the Marine Corps provides a variety of wedding day services. From event planning to event rentals, setup and cleanup, you’ll have assistance from the museum's incredible team every step of the way. Their services include the following:

• Event planning
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Wheelchair access

Cuisine
All events at the National Museum of the Marine Corps are catered by Aramark. Aramark offers innovative menus, high service standards and nutritious options. The Aramark approach is to provide consumers with chef-inspired menus that use high-quality ingredients. With the help of the National Museum of the Marine Corps' event team, you’ll be able to custom design a wedding day menu that perfectly fits your budget and palette.

19 Reviews for National Museum of the Marine Corps

19 National Museum of the Marine Corps Reviews

M
Michelle

Married on 07/14/2018

What an amazing location! I wanted a venue for our reception that was unique and meaningful to my husband and I. My husband is a retired Marine and I am a museum junkie! I also wanted it to be a fun ... Read more and exciting destination as the majority of our guests were from out of town and half are also retired service members. The NMMC fit the bill for everything. I was actually very pleasantly surprised by how good the catering was at our tasting. I had been concerned about not being able to use an outside vendor, but it was not a problem at all. The open bar was fantastic and everyone loved it! Even a friend who is an admitted wine snob was complimenting one of the white wine selections. Pam, Kathleen and Kendall were all wonderful to work with and so responsive. We had a minor crisis with the guest list just an hour before our reception and they handled it without batting an eyelash. Great night and great memories!

E
Elise

Married on 11/10/2017

Marine Corps Museum on the Marine Corps 242nd birthday..... Our wedding was a event that will be remembered for a long time to come.... We ave nothing but amazing things to say about everyone- but ... Read more especially Kendall...We had been planning for 2 years and always enjoyed speaking with Kendall who was always more then happy to answer any questions or give suggestions. love love loveeeee this venue and it will always have a close place in our heart forever....

W
Wendy

Married on 08/05/2017

We held a kosher event which required special instructions. The team worked with us at every turn to include multiple outside vendors, early access, price, access to the Chapel, help for elderly, ... Read more coordinating with the hotel and just thinking outside the box. They created the ice fountain and named specialty drinks! They arranged the hall and asked for my review for arrangement and seating. Kemdall and Kathleen always emailed and called me back. They wenr out of their way to make sure everyone, including me, had a great time. You cannot beat the beautiful location and grounds. We are going to buy a brick for this fantastic event. The Docent will forever be remembered by my family. There is a reason they say the Marines are the few and the proud. No one can measure up to this staff. Also, I always worry about food but don't. This place has the best roast beef and lamb. Plus we had a pasta bar that got rave reviews. Just incredible. Thank you all.