Newland Barn

20 Newland Barn Reviews

M
Megan

Married on 02/11/2017

This venue is great for the DIY bride. As a event manager we work this venue often since you have to bring in all your own décor and are responsible for setting up and tearing down. The venue is just ... Read more that, then venue. The locations is conveniently located close to freeways and its the perfect place for a Bride on a budget. We look forward to working this venue more in the future.

S
Stephanie

Married on 06/13/2014

We rented out the Newland Barn for our June wedding. The space is absolutely gorgeous, and is the perfect setting for a summer afternoon/evening event. Since it is owned by the city it is very ... Read more affordable, but that said you do need to note that everything about the space is DIY. We used this to our advantage, as we were able to design unique decor to fit the space, as well as save $ using our own preferred vendors for rentals, catering, as well as supplying our own alcohol. Definitely saved a pretty penny while adding our own personal touches- that we would not have necessarily been able to do if we decided to go with a 'package'-type deal at a more traditional venue. Perfect for the bride on a budge! I am so pleased with the way that our wedding turned out, and the Newland Barn lent a unique, rustic, and picturesque setting to our big day. Highly recommend!

Lannette
Lannette

Married on 03/02/2014

Mother of the Groom.... Helped out decorating and designing the inside of the Barn! Lots of fun decorating the inside of the Newland Barn.... Boy what a challenge that was! And guess what? It stormed ... Read more the weekend!! lol! Last minute we had to rent a huge tent to nest up against the barn! So thank goodness I spent a lot of time, love and thought into the inside of the barn 12 weeks prior, because we really used it! The tent was actually very charming and I have no complaints about having to use a tent for our guest seating and ceremony, it was just super hectic pulling all together as it was raining at 6:30 in the morning while packing the cars and truck! It's a lot of work if you don't hire a little help! Believe me, I searched and searched for someone to have pictures of something reasonable that we could rent and pay to have set up and decorated but no such luck! Thinking I could stay within a tight budget was a little impossible when using the inside of the barn. But even if the wedding was in the summer, I still would have gone all out on the inside! Guesta need to use the bathrooms so they do pass through the barn, so why not make it look like a wedding. And the bathrooms? We even made those look beautiful! Ron, the person you will be dealing with is awesome! He makes everything go smoothly for you! So with that....I recommend this place and we are now renting our dessert table, ceiling decor, and much much more to other brides who are having a hard time figuring out what to do inside! It's so much fun! We are helping with a wedding next month and we are so excited! So I guess we are now Newland Barn decorators! lol! P.S. Always prepare for a backup plan! And if it rains...yes!...a tent will set you back a bit, but they are so charming and you have no choice! I need to add the place we rented the tent from for all of you to use if needed! Even a backyard wedding in a tent would be amazing! Check back soon!