Newport Aquarium

Newport, KY · View map · Visit website

About Newport Aquarium

A wedding ceremony and reception venue in Cincinnati, Newport Aquarium offers a one-of-a-kind experience that you and your guests will remember forever. With gorgeous views of the Cincinnati skyline and the opportunity to stroll through the aquarium for fascinating exhibits, you can expect an amazing day.

Facilities and Capacity
Weddings typically take place in the Riverside Room, an elegant and contemporary location for your special day. Both the Riverside Room and the aquarium can be rented individually or together, depending on the necessary accommodations. For your ceremony, the Riverside Room can hold up to 230 guests, or you may choose to host your ceremony in the Shark Ray Bay Theater, which features a 16x20 foot shark tank in the background. Your reception will be charming and sophisticated, accommodating 240 for dinner and 250 for cocktail receptions. Couples may use the aquarium exhibits for cocktail hour for an even more unique celebration.

With so many special activities like dive shows and penguin encounters, your wedding will be a truly special experience, filled with memories to last a lifetime. With an event planner who works with you to make the day special, you will have access to food and bar stations as well as incredible event decor. Newport Aquarium also partners with outside vendors like caterers to ensure the details of your day are taken care of. They’ve selected four of the finest caterers for you to utilize for your day, including Funky’s Catering, Chef’s Choice Catering, Elegant Fare Catering and Phoenix Catering.

63 Reviews for Newport Aquarium

63 Newport Aquarium Reviews

Jennifer
Featured
Jennifer Eddy

Married on 03/14/2019

Sharknato Weddiverssary

After 15 years of partnership we decided to make it official this past March, our Weddiverssary as we call it. The day started out very strange, as 4 tornados touched down in the Greater Newport area. ... Read more We still joke that Sharknato was going on under the Shark Bridge. Hopefully that is a good omen. I was also late to my own wedding as well, that is not abnormal, when it is a family affair. That is where the Newport Aquarium staff excelled. They had everything under control. They made the whole day effortless, and honestly helped me to relax on one of the most important days of our lives. From taking care of our guests, to helping set up my little girl's piano for her 1st gig, "Here comes the Sun" went off without a hitch. Even walking through, they transformed the whole night into an underwater wonderland. It was finally here, the day I had waited for all my life, but so much more than I ever imagined. Every hand made decoration we made was perfectly placed. We are pretty untraditional in everything we do. The Scuba Officiant was something that was just...once in a lifetime (we can only hope lol). It was the cherry on top as far as ceremonies go. Every turn was the perfect backdrop to the almost magical night. Our favorite picture, a silhouette of us in front of the jellyfish tanks. We had a beautiful cocktail hour with the stingrays. The Stingray Hideaway was a favorite, as our little guests got an up close view and the very sea creature they just touched in the water. The music and hors d'oeuvres were just delicious. The Newport Aquarium was so accommodating, even throwing in an animal experience for our little ones to keep them occupied, it was so thoughtful. We conga lined back into the room we said our vows but it was completely transformed for our fine dining experience with a front and center view of the most beautiful sharks, turtles, family, and friends, all there celebrating our special day with us. We were lucky enough to have them cater our meal as well, everything more delicious than the last. Everyone kept raving about the chicken, I agreed. "The best wedding I have ever been to!" is what my Aunt from Wisconsin pulled me aside to tell me. "We will remember this night forever" another family member said. The team really went above and beyond to make this night full of the best memories, and they exceeded our expectations. We recommend them over and over. They are an amazing team!

C
Chca Prom

Married on 05/18/2019

Great venue for a prom!

The Aquarium staff was helpful and professional. We hope to have many more proms at the Newport Aquarium. Read more The Aquarium staff was helpful and professional. We hope to have many more proms at the Newport Aquarium.

Cheryl
Cheryl Hicks

Married on 04/13/2019

Best.Day.EVER!!!!!

Our special day was amazing! Stress free, beautiful and so much fun! Having our wedding at the Newport Aquarium was amazing! The setting was beautiful, the food was excellent and after the reception, ... Read more we were able to let our guest enjoy a fun walk through to see everything! Allison Sweet and her staff are excellent and I would do it all over again, EXACTLY the same way!!