Northland Special Events

Duluth, Minnesota, MN · View map · Visit website

About Northland Special Events

Northland Special Events is a wedding florist and planner located in Duluth, Minnesota, that serves the Minneapolis region. This mother and daughter-owned business combines efficiency with care and passion to create gorgeous floral designs and wonderfully coordinated weddings. Each event is custom designed for couples to incorporate their personalities, needs, and desires in magical day they can happily look back on for years to come.

Northland Special Events gladly offers to create beautiful, classic floral designs for bridal and bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and centerpieces. They will even help with event design and deliver, set up, and clean up floral arrangements. Northland Special Events is also more than happy to help you coordinate your wedding. They have 10 planners on hand to help with anything you need, including day-of coordination, full, and partial planning for ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners for the following weddings:

• Civil

K
Featured
Kim

Married on 07/29/2017

The talented team of people at Northland Special Events are busy for a reason. They are simply the best at what they do. We worked with Yana. From day one, she got to know us on a more personal level ... Read more in order to figure out exactly how to make our dream wedding happen within our budget. She certainly exceeded expectations! She set up a design board based on what she learned about us. Roughly two weeks prior to our wedding, we had some ideas that we wanted to incorporate. We weren’t sure if it was too last minute, but we brought them up last and Yana said it wouldn’t be a problem. I was able to drop personal items off with her two days before so I didn’t have to worry about forgetting them at home day of. I had forgotten to buy a special pen for our wood pallet guest book sign. She told me not to worry and brought one of her pens from home. Talk about service! She also contacted all of our vendors and provided them with our timeline and made sure they were clear on details for the day. Fast forward to the big day, Yana and her team set up the reception in the morning and tore down when the night was over. Everything just seemed to magically appear where it was supposed to, and they were the reason for it. If you opt in for the day of coordination (BEYOND worth it), you have someone from NSE assisting you throughout the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. There are always going to be little things that come up (flowers get damaged and Yana was there with a pin to fix it, hair comes undone and she asked if her assistant should grab curling iron, guest list changes, etc.) and when you are getting married, you just want to enjoy the day and not have to deal with them. On top of all of that Yana surprised us with extra special touches throughout the day; she really went above and beyond. Utilizing a resource like NSE definitely makes your dream wedding a reality. Big shout out to Yana for helping make our day perfect!

A
Anna Sterna

Married on 12/29/2018

Northland special events

NSE was amazing to work with. Easy to communicate with and exceeded all of our expectations. Our coordinator listened to what we had envisioned and fully executed. The set up and clean up crew was ... Read more amazing and worth every penny.

A
Alexander

Married on 08/11/2018

Planning a wedding from the groom’s perspective I had no idea the amount of work and stress that goes into it by the bride. My wife and I just got married 8/11/18. I am much more of a easy going “you ... Read more decide babe” kinda guy. My wife on the other hand put her heart and soul into planning this wedding. She was also working overtime for her career and ran out of time for planning. We decided to hire NSE about a year before our big day. We live about two and a half hours from Duluth and we’re thinking that we possibly needed help. I was skeptical about paying someone for something we could do ourselves. About 2 weeks before our day we sat down for our final meeting. My wife was feeling a level of stress of 10 out of 10 and I was really worried. After our final meeting however Mariah and the team relieved us of the nagging stress. Not only does she seamlessly bring everything together, she is also like a therapist in working with the bride. She was able to speak with my wife in a way that calmed her and put her at ease. On the day of the wedding I was absolutely shocked at how they lead everything and made sure that everything went to plan. My wife was bombarded with questions and we were able to defer everything to NSE and they took care of it. Any requests that we had - they took care of it with a smile and quickness. Mariah also was the one that married us at the ceremony and I highly recommend her for that as well. She really outdid all of my expectations. They also did our decorations and flowers and then took all of our gifts to our hotel room at the end of the night so we didn’t have to worry about a thing! If you are a groom and worried about spending the amount of money they charge, believe me they are worth it for your wife’s sanity and your own. Planning a wedding is especially taxing on the bride. And if you’re like me and hate to see your significant other stressed, do everyone involved including yourself a favor and hire Northland Special Events.