Occasions Catering

Rochester, VT · View map

About Occasions Catering

Local Vermont caterer focusing on fresh food, discreet professional service and expert planning. We also offer catering bar services at our venue the 1824 House or your own.

28 Reviews for Occasions Catering

28 Occasions Catering Reviews

L
Lindsay Kolb

Married on 08/24/2019

Wish I could redo the wedding just for the food!

There are so many things to think about when planning a wedding. It is completely overwhelming to think about all the options out there and deciding which vendors to use. We knew food had to be the ... Read more top priority. After looking at several venues and being underwhelmed by our options, Connie made the trip over to our house (an hour drive) and not only provided the best food, wine and liquor menu options, but also took the time to walk our family property and gave advice on what our VT August outside wedding could look like (my childhood dream). We chose our home as the venue based off of Connie's vision and support (what other caterer would also help map out your property for several hours?) This team goes above and beyond and was available for every question/concern we had throughout the entire planning process. After committing to the date based off of Occasions availability, the planning begins and I knew I wanted the farmhouse and round tables covered in an elegant linen. As there are millions of options out there and I once again was overwhelmed, Hallie immediately narrowed in on my vision and provided samples (along with comparisons) and made the linen choice effortless. By hiring Occasions Catering, you are investing in professional, caring, calming and passionate people. I had several unique menu requests (my mothers recipes) and Connie and the chef were happy to accommodate and recreated the recipes exactly as I had envisioned. There are so many things you have to worry about leading up to and on the big day, but Connie and her team navigated my family throughout the whole process and blew everyone away with their spectacular cheese board, chicken and waffles snack (the best thing I've ever eaten) and maple pork tenderloin (just to name a few). You will be making the smartest decision for your wedding by hiring Occasions Catering. Hoping they open a restaurant so I can enjoy their food whenever I am in their area :)

Caitlin
Caitlin Shea

Married on 06/22/2019

Extremely flexible Caterer with Delicious Creative Cuisine!

My husband and I booked Occasions Catering for our wedding and the food was amazing! We had our wedding at Knoll Farm in Waitsfield, which is not the easiest setting for caterers as there isn't a ... Read more professional kitchen, but Hallie and her team were very flexible and did a fantastic job. They helped us order all the tables, chairs, linens, and chinaware, which made the planning so much easier for us. Hallie was also great with last minute requests and when a few guests who had RSVPed that they weren't attending showed up, Hallie and her team quickly set up some extra places for them. So many guests came up to me afterwards and told me how fabulous all the food was and how much they appreciated that there was something for everyone (Hallie made sure they were gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and dairy-free options). I, in particular, really loved the summer squash casserole, the Vietnamese steak salad, and the chicken piccata. We also went with fruit pies for dessert and did not regret it! I would definitely recommend Occasions to anyone looking for a great caterer! :)

R
Ron B.

Married on 01/13/2018

Flawless / Exceeded my Expectations

From start to finish, Occasions Catering exceeded my expectations. They were incredible responsive, had helpful recommendations throughout the planning process, and executed everything perfectly. We ... Read more were planning a small brunch for family the day after our wedding. Despite the fact that we live out of state, were hosting at a venue without a kitchen, and were adamant about certain details while being completely indecisive about others, it turned out flawlessly. On top of all that, the food was delicious. I would recommend Occasions Catering without hesitation.