of Love & Cake Photography

Pisgah Forest, NC · View map

About of Love & Cake Photography

"of Love & Cake" is the newest wedding photography solution located in Brevard, North Carolina, serving the greater western North Carolina area. I relocated here in the summer of 2014 after serving Greenville, South Carolina for three years and the San Francisco Bay Area of California for four.

"of Love & Cake" is the business of professional photographer Brenda Ernst. That's me! I graduated from Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California with my BA in Commercial Advertising Photography in early 2007. I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and worked as a freelance digital tech, then for Lonely Planet Images, followed by Backroads—the world's #1 active travel company. I have photographed adventure travel and active lifestyle activities all over the world, in addition to capturing the weddings of so many wonderful couples.

I love working with the rustic-modern style and capturing outdoorsy, mountain weddings (indoors is great, too...the weather can be tricky). "of Love & Cake" likes to keep things simple on the business end and focus on capturing your amazing wedding day. For Saturday weddings I require a minimum of five consecutive hours. Any other day of the week requires a minimum of two hours.

Please visit out website at http://www.ofloveandcake.com

2 Reviews for of Love & Cake Photography

2 of Love & Cake Photography Reviews

User1627443

2+ years ago

Amazing team. Super laid back and fun to work with. Even from the engagement session you knew that Brenda knew exactly what she was doing and will teach you what looks good and what doesn't prior to ... Read more your day of so that you can get the best shots possible. Would 100% recommend!

J
Jody

Married on 10/17/2009

Amazing - the one word I would choose to describe Brenda's work, and our experience working with her. It's very important to be comfortable with your photographer and in front of the camera so that ... Read more that the details and emotion of your special day can be completely captured. Luckily we met Brenda and she quickly put my husband and I at ease. Throughout the process of working with her, she had great and creative ideas that we just loved. Originally we weren't planning to do an engagement shoot, but she thought it would help us get comfortable and confident in front of the camera. (she was definitely right!) She's constantly looking for good shots and willing to do nearly anything in the name of getting the right shot (we took photos on top of our condo building and she climbed up on a rooftop ladder camera gear and all just to get the right angle) After our engagement shoot, she thought it would be fun for us to have our wedding guests sign a guestbook with photos from the engagement shoot. She quickly put together a beautiful book for us. The day of the wedding she was fantastic. All the photos that we asked her to be sure to get she did. We were thrilled with how our photos came out. She's definitely a perfectionist -- I am pretty sure she did some adjustments to more than 100 of her top photos. And when we finally got around to working on an album, she had the utmost patience for us (and my mother-in-law) as we worked through all of our options. I would give Brenda my highest recommendation to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding photographer. We're sad that she's moved away from California because we were hoping she would capture more of our family lifetime events.

of Love & Cake Photography FAQ