Oglebay Resort

Wheeling, WV · View map · Visit website

About Oglebay Resort

Oglebay Resort is a rustic hotel and ballroom wedding venue located in Wheeling, West Virginia. This venue is able to provide a wide range of services for your celebration, including your rehearsal dinner, a trip to the West Spa, a round of golf, overnight accommodations for you and guests and a variety of event planning services. Nestled on 2,000 gorgeous acres, this venue will be the perfect backdrop to your wedding events and photo sessions. Choose from one of their three wedding packages to best fit your budget and needs in order to create your ideal celebration. Get in touch with Oglebay Resort to learn more about their availability!

Facilities and Capacity
This venue has a plethora of indoor and outdoor spaces, giving you the ability to host an event of up to 400 people. Have your outdoor ceremony out on the patio, overlooking the rolling countryside. Use the Glessner Auditorium for your reception, an 8,000-square-foot event space with split levels, power screens and a grand dance floor. You can also use The Pine Room, a beautiful space that overlooks the outdoor pool featuring arched ceilings, lovely wooden floors and a stone fireplace.

Oglebay Resort is a full-service wedding venue with on-site catering and event coordination available. Their services include:

• Accommodations
  • Cleanup
  • Event rentals
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Shuttle
  • Wheelchair access

Location
This venue is located in Wheeling, West Virginia near the Pennsylvania boarder. Oglebay Resort sits between I-70 and U.S. Route 40 by Wheeling Jesuit University.

21 Reviews for Oglebay Resort

21 Oglebay Resort Reviews

Abby
Featured
Abby

Married on 07/02/2011

It has always been a dream of mine to have my wedding and reception at Oglebay. I visit there every summer with my entire dad's side of the family and we have been continuing this tradition for 30 ... Read more years. Oglebay made my dreams come true and my wedding was a wonderful memory that I will have forever. They accomodated all of my wedding wishes and we felt that it was extremely affordable.

R
Ryan and Laura

Getting married on 02/05/2021

Everything we wanted!

Oglebay was perfect! We looked at venues all over Pittsburgh including Seven Springs which is a similar resort the venue, Oglebay was the last place we looked and our favorite. The atmosphere was both ... Read more both laid back and classy at the same time, all of our guests were comfortable and had a great time! The staff went above and beyond to make our day run smooth and helped with small things that we forgot. They were extremely accommodating and organized. Ashley, our planner was on top of everything and made sure we answered all of the questions we needed to in order to make our day run smoothly. We had a welcome event in the Fort Henry room, our ceremony on the west spa patio and our reception in the banquet hall, all were perfect. We also planned a backup room for rain but did not have to make the decision till the day of the ceremony. After the reception the glassworks bar was right next to the reception hall and those that wanted to keep the party going went there. The new BBQ and craft beer restaurant at the driving range is a great place to hang out. Since we had our wedding on Sunday of Memorial day weekend many of our guests stayed 3 nights and enjoyed all of the weekends events and all of the amenities of the resort. We stayed in a cottage which was very nicely updated and were greeted by several deer outside our door every morning. Advice: we choose to leave our room block open to all levels of room including the value rooms so our guests could match their budget, if you want your guests to stay in more updated rooms you can pick what levels of room are in the block. Overall we highly recommend Oglebay!

J
brian randolph

Married on 06/30/2019

Brunch wedding

I had a brunch wedding and worked with Ashley Dunlap as my coordinator. She is amazing! Every email was answered promptly she went above and beyond helping with rooms! The day of she was accessible ... Read more accessible without being intrusive and everything was perfect !!! My guests loved ogelbay and all commented on the quality of food and absolute beauty of the resort