Old Lystra Inn

Chapel Hill, North Carolina · View map · Visit website

About Old Lystra Inn

Old Lystra Inn is a historic wedding venue located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Couples will experience a 1890’s renovated farmhouse nestled under towering oak trees on this 10-acre property. They pride themselves on their flexibility and allowing your unique vision to come to life. Old Lystra Inn promises to let your creativity and innovative ideas flourish.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 250 guests at this vintage-style venue. They offer two beautiful outdoor options on their spacious estate. You can say your “I do’s” under gorgeous oak trees, and then dance the night away under the stars. If you prefer some coverage, Old Lystra Inn will provide a 40-foot by 80-foot tent for your ceremony or reception.

This full-service wedding venue allows each couple's exclusive use of their property for 14 hours the day of their celebration. There are private bridal and groom’s suites where you can start your day, complete with refreshing beverages. A hair and makeup studio is also available for you and your bridal party, and they'll provide light snacks for the ladies. For your ceremony, they'll provide white wooden chairs, and for your reception your guests can sit on cross-back oak wooden chairs. Round tables are also included, along with assistance setting up and cleaning up. Additional services include:

• All-inclusive packages
  • Outside alcohol
  • Rehearsal time
  • Bridal portrait time

Other Services
Old Lystra Inn will provide a complimentary night stay for the happy couple, complete with a three-course breakfast in the morning. In addition to hosting your ceremony and reception, they're also happy to host your rehearsal dinner. Additional events they will hold include:

• Engagement party
  • Bridal shower
  • Elopements

History
This one-of-a-kind inn was owned by Pulitzer prize winner, Paul Green. Now, it’s run by Beth and Tony Pendola, who have been married for over 25 years. They felt that they had to compromise on their wedding day, because they couldn't find a venue that let them do exactly what they wanted. Since then, they’ve vowed to be a location where couples can make their special day everything they dreamed it to be.

10 Reviews for Old Lystra Inn

10 Old Lystra Inn Reviews

Sara
Sara

Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect space for the best day

I could not have asked for venue owners better than Beth and Tony. They were so incredibly accommodating, flexible, thoughtful, and kind. They really went above and beyond what they needed to do in ... Read more order to make us happy and at ease and they were so kind and generous to all of our family and guests as well. The house and gardens are so beautiful and it was the perfect place for our wedding. I would 100% recommend Old Lystra to anyone looking for an outdoor wedding venue.

L
Lauren M Porter

Married on 04/13/2019

The Perfect Day!

The Old Lystra Inn was exactly the venue we were looking for! Beth and Tony are so laid back and made it easy to plan our perfect wedding without having to jump through hoops! Mother Nature threw ... Read more every obstacle at us that she could and the staff at Old Lystra made it like nothing ever happened after the Carolina Blue skies finally opened up! We are so thankful for everyone at the Old Lystra Inn and would highly recommend to any brides and grooms!

J
Julia

Married on 10/06/2018

I could not have asked for a better venue to have my wedding at. Beth and tony answered any questions I had even if they were small. They set up my wedding exactly how I wanted it! There daughter ... Read more even wrote my pick a seat not a side once we got to the venue. Every vendor we choose beth and tony gave us suggestions on and we were so glad we used them . We got so many complements on the venue and how beautiful it was . I had this vision in my head and their venue was it ! It’s a mix of modern farmhouse with the opportunity to have your wedding completely outside .