(Once like a spark) photography

Washington, District of Columbia · View map · Visit website

About (Once like a spark) photography

We’re an all-inclusive wedding photography & videography team with local roots and a family feel.

We know how stressful and overwhelming wedding planning can be... and we also know that it can be stress-free and even joyful with the right people in your corner.

We’re the people in your corner!

From the moment you say “Yes!” to each other, we’re here to walk alongside you and guide you through the photography & videography process with ease.

We created an all-inclusive, full-service experience designed to take the weight off of your shoulders. Our in-house photography & videography planner takes care of every single detail so you can stress less and let us take care of the rest!

When it comes to choosing your photographer, we’ve done the work for you by finding and carefully selecting talented, creative photographers who have the look & feel you’ve come to expect from us. Our exclusive, highly-vetted team of photographers are located where YOU are so you always have a local creative photographer by your side.

For over 10 years, we've been highly rated, recommended, and reviewed by our couples. We've received the honor of WeddingWire's Couples' Choice Award every single year since 2011!

All-Inclusive Services & Products
We offer multiple full-day wedding photography AND videography packages to choose between and they're all customizable! We also have combination photography + videography packages to help you save if you want both photo and video on your wedding day.

Our full-day wedding photography packages start at $2450. At a minimum, ALL packages include the following:

• Minimum of 8 hours of photography
  • Minimum of 500 fully edited, hi-resolution images (with no logos or watermarks!)
  • Full personal copyright, which means there are no restrictions for personal use of your photos
  • Online gallery access for 10 years (you, your friends & your family can view/order/share images directly from your gallery)
  • Additional customizable options that include engagement or bridal sessions, additional hours, videography, albums, prints, and other products.

We offer videography packages on their own and also combo videography/photography packages as well (with really incredible savings in the combo packages!). At a minimum, ALL packages with videography include the following:

• Minimum of 8 hours of videography coverage
  • A 5-minute (approximate) highlight video, set to music, to share with family & friends
  • Full ceremony footage

Featured
Allison

Married on 12/15/2018

So Much More Than a Photography Team

I don't have a lot of wedding advice, but hire OLAS is at the top of the list! They are so much more than a photography team. Our planner/Account Manager (Alicia) helped me pick our engagement picture ... Read more location. I texted our photographer (Jen) for advice on what to wear. The day-of schedule was a work of art and so so much more. We picked our photographer based on recommendations from the planning team and the fact that she's a self-proclaimed "goofball." We're awkward people, but Jen made awkwardness come across as honest, genuine, joyful pictures. I love that we never look fake or posed or weirdly perfect. We look like us and that's exactly what we wanted. The whole experience was enjoyable! OLAS was a calming/stabilizing addition to a hectic process. Seriously, email them now! If you're feeling stressed, the intro call is what you need :)

E
Elizabeth

Getting married on 04/05/2021

Phenomenal on all accounts

OLAS was a perfect option for us being a Boston-based couple. We were interested in OLAS initially because of the value (it's unparalleled in this city) but we fell in love with the entire team ... Read more because of the level of professionalism and quality of our photographer, David's, work. He first showcased his talents at our engagement session, but I could not have been more impressed with him and his wife Dessy (they work in tandem) than at the wedding. They are phenomenal and I couldn't imagine having a better duo to work with. In a city like Boston with overpriced vendors with underwhelming results, I cannot recommend OLAS enough! They are a true gem.

Chen
Chen Shuhan

Getting married on 11/02/2019

Lovely team and amazing pics

I had my engagement shoot with OLAS. Our photographer is really cool and has a great eye for lights and shades. I shared with her in advance my Pinterest board for visions and she helped us achieve ... Read more everything! The color is vivid and the light is amazing. She also captured movement and lovely moments of us. We love how natural everything turned out to be. I hired them for my wedding as well. Also, I find communication with them very smooth. Alicia always returns my email promptly. Very happy! Will update regarding my wedding photo and video in the future!