Oronoque Country Club

Stratford, CT · View map · Visit website

About Oronoque Country Club

Oronoque Country Club is a premier event venue located in Stratford, Connecticut. Beautifully situated on a private Championship golf course, the country club has been a staple in the local community since 1972. Providing scenic views overlooking the pristine golf course, the country club’s dedicated staff aim to work closely with every couple to help design and create the dream wedding that they’ve always envisioned.

Facilities and Capacity

The clubhouse’s elegant Ballroom offers stunning views of the local area and golf course and can accommodate up to 250 guests. The room’s vaulted ceilings and exposed wooden beams wrapped in string lighting give the room a rustic charm whilst still maintaining the elegance for any occasion. For more information regarding smaller intimate event spaces, couples can inquire about the club’s range of private areas directly through the club’s official website and email.

Oronoque Country Club provides each couple with a number of carefully curated event services and rental items to make their planning process run as smoothly and as stress-free as possible. In collaboration with the club’s professional event planners, couples can ensure every aspect of their event is covered with no small detail overlooked. The club also offers many wedding packages that can be fully-customized to best suit every couple’s desires and specific requirements. Other event services and rental items available include but are not limited to:

• All-inclusive packages
  • Bar and catering services
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Wifi
  • Tables and chairs
  • Audio and lighting equipment
  • Altar and arches

Catering services

The clubhouse can also provide a number of delicious and flavorsome dishes that can satisfy any guests preferred tastes. Working in close relation with the site’s executive chef, couples can create or choose from an array of catering menus that can also be presented in a variety of ways. From buffets, hors d'oeuvres, plated dishes, stations, family style, and more, couples can have their chosen cuisine presented in a way that suits them and their event’s atmosphere.

22 Reviews for Oronoque Country Club

22 Oronoque Country Club Reviews

Z
Featured
Zack

Married on 05/22/2015

Words cannot describe our satisfaction and praise towards Kate, Liz, Jason and the rest of the staff at Oronoque. We had our wedding ceremony as well as the reception this past memorial day weekend. ... Read more We were a bit nervous when we found out that Liz had changed positions and that a new catering manager would be taking over until we met Kate. Kate was absolutely fantastic. She was willing to work with us even though we were located 8 hours away in Pittsburgh. She was patient, caring and willing to make the small details that meant so much to us possible without any worries. She was there for us and timely for all of our meetings and was very understanding of last minute changes. We highly recommend her. They had planned a renovation between our tasting and the day of our event and the venue looked terrific. What really stood out about the management at Oronoque was that they invested so much time towards making our big day a success. Liz and Kate did a wonderful job at transitioning the planning process. Nothing was overlooked. Kate and Jason were on hand during the big day hours before and hours into our celebration. They both provided great suggestions without forcing us to make decisions that we were uncomfortable with. We never at any time felt nickel and dimed about charges. Everything felt so honest and it proved to be. The food was great and the landscape and surroundings beautiful. If you are looking to be able to truly enjoy your big day with the focus being you and your significant other then Oronoque is the top choice. It is intimate but spacious with great leadership and service. Thank you so much to the three mentioned above. I hope that we get the chance to visit Oronoque in the near future. You guys are the best. Not all couples are able to expect the perfect wedding and leave saying that it was even greater than ever imagined. Zack and Michelle Gent

Oddette
Oddette

Married on 05/18/2018

The wedding venue was one of the things that we started researching early on in the wedding planning. There were so many gorgeous venues to choose from here in CT. We made initial contacts to our top ... Read more top choices and began scheduling walk throughs. Even though the many of the venues we visited were amazing, everything just wasn’t adding up. They couldn’t accommodate our time(brunch wedding), commute to the venue would be too far, was too expensive, or the actual reception space wasn’t really giving us the vibe we wanted. I became a bit discouraged but continue my internet search. It was then I came up on Oronoque Country Club. I was blown away by the picturesque grounds and they could accommodate the date, time and most of all our brunch menu. My fiancé instantly dubbed Oronoque “God sent”. We sent an email and Mr. Nels Nelson promptly responded and set up a walk through. We were sold on everything and left there with a contract saying that we would “sleep on it” and get back to him with a deposit. During the time when I found Oronoque, I had also found a few more venues that I was thinking of checking out. When we got home from our walk through at Oronoque I reminded my fiancé that we had a few more walk through scheduled for that week. He told me to cancel them as we are going with “God sent”! I am happy that I listened to my husband. Nels was nothing short of amazing from our first walk through right up to when I walked down the aisle and beyond. He is a man with many hats, he was there to help us with the rehearsals, added finishing touches to the room decor, there on our wedding day to calm my husband down when his bride was 30 minutes late and then came up to the bridal suite to calm me down because I was worried that I was running late. Our day was “the best day ever”. Thanks to Oronoque and the Amazing Nels Nelson!

User5423916

2+ years ago

Wedding planning went smoothly, the people were very nice to us. They never harassed us about the payments, and always payed attention when we had ideas for the reception. The wedding reception itself ... Read more went perfect, I couldn't have imagined it going any other way.