Overbrook house

7 Overbrook house Reviews

R
Ron

Married on 09/03/2017

We could not have picked a better place to have our wedding. Overbrook's facilities are beautiful, Koffi and Erin are amazing to work with and are very flexible, and you cannot beat the value of ... Read more renting Overbrook, especially if you have out of town guests. What we paid for a week of Overbrook was only a little more than what we were quoted for other venues in the area for a day. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner, our ceremony, and our reception all on the grounds, and with lodging for almost 30 of our friends and family, we didn't have to worry about people driving to and from different venues on the day of the wedding. The house itself is gorgeous and full of character, and the dance hall was a beautiful location for our reception and for dancing. We seriously cannot say enough about how perfect a venue Overbrook was for us - it really made our wedding unforgettable. The owners of Overbrook also run an organic farm (Bay End Farm), which supplied beautiful locally grown wildflowers that put the finishing touches on our decorations (there weren't many - the venue is beautiful enough on its own.)

D
Danielle

Married on 06/28/2014

I hosted my wedding at Overbrook House in Bourne, MA in June of 2014. Let me tell you, this venue is amazing for the DIYers. Basically you rent the entire (and I mean huge) property for an entire ... Read more week. This property is perfect for outdoor, tented weddings with a little something extra. Our stay was from Thursday-Thursday. With the rental you get a huge 9-10 bedroom house, inground pool, dance hall and use of the grounds (multiple fields). There is also an option to rent "The Lodge" which is immediately next to the huge Overbrook House. With this venue you need to bring in EVERYTHING from tents (if you desire) tables, chairs, caters, toilets and all desired decorations. They have a preferred list of vendors, which I used. We (myself and bridesmaids) spent the day before the wedding decorating the dance hall and patio next to the dance hall. I had dinner under a big tent, so we decorated that as well. My ceremony was held on the field next to the big house, and we exchanged our vows underneath two trees draped in white chiffon. I made practically all the decorations, and everyone noticed the time and love I put into make the wedding ours (what I'd like to call a labor of love). What I love most about this venue is you can make it your own. If you go the "cookie cutter" route, you are basically given what you get to choose from. At Overbrook we got decide everything. Although we did bring in our own decorations, the venue itself is beautiful. The dance hall is just magical how it is tucked away in the woods and you emerge from a slatted stone path to greet it. I honestly cannot say enough about how special this venue is. Another fun part about the venue is we had our family stay at the Lodge and our bridal party stay at the big house. Since we got the venue for a week, we got to celebrate our marriage with a friends and family for a whole week! If you are a DIY or looking for something unique this is your venue, I promise.

C
Cailin

Married on 08/11/2012

We had our wedding at the Overbrook House and everything that was needed was there. It was a little rainy and there were so many umbrellas, when we went swimming there were plenty of towels. It was ... Read more the best!