Paella Time

San Francisco, CA · View map · Visit website

About Paella Time

Paella Time is THE premier paella catering company serving ALL of Northern California. Paella is fun, unique, delicious, and a GREAT idea for a wedding. Your family and guests love watching (and eating) our delicious and authentic tapas and paella prepared from scratch right in front of them!

We're a full service caterer and can provide you with servers, bartenders, tables, chairs, linens, plates, flatware, glasses, etc... including ALL set up and cleaning ( plus ceremony area if needed). We even offer LIVE flamenco entertainment! Basically we provide & do EVERYTHING, so you can relax and ENJOY your wedding day.

We offer a FANTASTIC wedding package:

> Prices starting at only $19 per person!*

> 20% discount for early booking.

> Included at NO EXTRA CHARGE: sangría wine glasses*, porcelain plates, stainless steel utensils, and ALL linens.

> LIVE cooking by a professional paella chef!

> COMPLIMENTARY personal PAELLA FOR 2!

> NO EXTRA CHARGE for family style.

> Kids under 12 are FREE.

> Bartenders & service staff.

> ALL set up AND cleaning - including ceremony area if needed.

> FREE cake cutting and plating (many other caterers charge $2-4 per guest).

> FREE tasting in the comfort of your home.

*not including staffing, tax, or gratuity. Wine glasses complimentary if ordering sangría.

We have many happy and satisfied customers. Click on the links to read our positive reviews from our website, Facebook, and Yelp.

*** To see ALL our Yelp reviews, just under the posted reviews, click on "other reviews that are not currently recommended". Unfortunately, Yelp "filters" our reviews if we don't spend money advertising with them.

From the owner: " I know you have many choices when choosing a wedding caterer. Why choose Paella Time? Simply put - WE ARE THE BEST. I'm a classically PAELLA IS OUR SPECIALTY. Don't be fooled by other caterers claiming they make real paella. Years ago I learned the art of making AUTHENTIC paella from a true paella chef from Spain using his family's recipes passed from generation to generation. I use only the FRESHEST ingredients in my paella which is cooked in a REAL saffron stock prepared the same morning (many other "paella" caterers do not use saffron or make a fresh stock instead using using powders or concentrates). All of my tapas and desserts are made by hand from scratch following the same family recipes."

We also cater rehearsals and engagement parties, private in-home parties (birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, etc...), corporate events, holiday parties, and more.

32 Reviews for Paella Time

32 Paella Time Reviews

J
Featured
Julia

Married on 07/26/2014

Thank you Paella Time for EVERYTHING. When we first found you, we were so overwhelmed by the all details involved with planning a wedding, and you made this so easy. The food was AMAZING. My guests ... Read more are still taking about how delicious everything was. Paella Time not only cooks the food live in front of everyone (so fun), but also provides anything else you might need such as tables, chairs, linens, staff, and all the plates, glassware, etc... Our venue required that our caterer was a full service caterer, and Ralph handled everything we needed including all of the ceremony and reception set up and clean up. Thanks for helping to make our wedding day perfect!

C
Cassandra

Married on 04/21/2018

I am the owner of Cassandra White, Weddings and Events. I had the pleasure of working with Paella Time's owner Ralph and his wonderful team on a recent wedding in San Francisco. When it came to ... Read more planning for the wedding, Ralph was responsive, accommodating, organized and promptly provided any information I requested. The food was delicious, their presentation was incredible, the staff was attentive to the guests needs, right on top of things and easy to work with. You need to consider Paella Time for your next event!

S
Susan

Married on 09/16/2017

Ralph catered our wedding in September and it was an excellent experience. We knew that we wanted paella so we did a bunch of research and got in touch with a few different caterers. Ralph was ... Read more immediately the most professional caterer that we spoke with - he sent an extremely detailed questionnaire that we filled out to get things started which was super helpful in starting to get us organized and thinking about the day. Paella Time provides plates, silverware and linens which is so easy and helpful. It makes a huge difference to cut down not only on costs but also the simplicity of cutting down on vendors. Ralph came to our house for the tasting and he is incredibly personable and passionate about his work which we loved. The food was excellent- not only did people love the paella, the tapas and the sangria, but having the paella chef cooking on the deck during cocktail hour was such a blast. It really is part entertainment and part food - it sets such a festive and fun environment. Our chef was Daniel and he and the rest of the serving staff were all excellent, professional and friendly. I will say we had a little bit of trouble getting in touch with Ralph in the very beginning when we first contacted him for quotes and more information - we had to send quite a few follow up emails, and that is because he is incredibly busy because Paella Time is so popular. I say that only to tell you that if you DO have trouble getting in touch in the very beginning, do NOT give up, it's worth it. A busy caterer is truly a good sign! And all of that said, after we booked him, he was ALWAYS responsive, even just to say that he didn't have time to answer our questions right then, but would be in touch within a few days. Paella Time was so much fun, made our wedding planning a breeze and your guests will LOVE it. I highly recommend working with them for any event.