Palais Royale

South Bend, IN · View map · Visit website

About Palais Royale

Palais Royale is a wedding venue in South Bend, Indiana. The Palais Royale ballroom and Morris Performing Arts Center were designed by J.S. Aroner of Chicago. It opened in 1922 and is one of the only ballroom/theatre combinations left in the country. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Facilities and Capacity
The Palais Royale is the ballroom in the Morris Performing Arts Center. It is rich in history and features 1920s charm. It is 8,800 square feet and can accommodate 1,000 guests for a standing reception or 650 guests for a sit-down dinner. The ballroom has polished hardwood floors, 35-foot ceilings, and a crystal chandelier gilded with gold-leaf. The room has tall windows with velvet drapes and the original musicians’ balcony overlooking the ballroom. The Palais Royale is breathtaking with its intricate details and makes for a spectacular photoshoot.

The Morris Performing Arts Center is a theatre featuring 2,500 permanent seats on two levels. It has state-of-the-art sound and lighting, a beautiful stage, and a gold domed ceiling. You can have your wedding in the theatre where the stage itself can accommodate up to 175 guests.

The Morris Grand Lobby is a beautiful space to host a cocktail reception for 500 guests or a banquet dinner for 125 guests. It features Corinthian columns, French cameos, the original 1920s terrazzo flooring, and gold domed ceiling.

The Palais Royale can host your bridal shower, engagement party, ceremony, and reception. They have dressing rooms for the wedding parties and on-site wedding planners. Their professional and experienced event planners create effortless and flawless weddings suited to each couples needs and style. Navarre Hospitality is the exclusive foot and beverage provider for the Morris Performing Arts Center complex. They offers consultations and custom menus for you wedding. They use fresh and flavorful ingredients you and your guests will love. They offers plated or buffet dinners and bar packages.

18 Reviews for Palais Royale

18 Palais Royale Reviews

L
Featured
Lana

Married on 06/30/2018

The Palais is a beautiful, elegant venue. We were given excellent service throughout the planning and during the wedding. The food (filet and salmon) was delicious - all of our guests commented that ... Read more they enjoyed their meal. The staff was attentive and accommodating to all dietary needs. Thank you for making the experience so wonderful! We highly recommend the Palais. :)

J
Jamie

Married on 10/06/2018

Palais - Romantic-Exquisite-Stunning Venue

Everything was FABULOUS - the most beautiful venue for a reception. Loved it all! From the moment we selected the Palais we were given excellent advice on vendors and what would work best at the ... Read more venue. The Palais even accomodated us on short notice - like 2 days - for a tasting because we were in town. The food was phenomenal...even with speeches running late and the plated food sitting for a while - it was fabulous and they scurried to get hot food on the tables. The reception and wedding were so beautiful that we have received glowing thank you notes from several of our guests!! The Palais worked with all vendors and we never even checked on a detail the day before or the day of the wedding/even with a Chicago Band. It was smooth as silk. There were plenty of Bartenders and never a long line at the bars. It was beautiful and magnificent. Truly the most beautiful wedding I have been too...and my daughter said it was her dream. Great advice from the staff at the Palais throughout the process...very direct...to the point...meetings were organized and wonderful assumptions/recommendations were made when we did not know better. Responsiveness was perfect. I just left Richelle a message after the wedding saying..."WOW - I was speechless and so were my guests...I literally had at least 6 friends just tap me on the shoulder and say only a sincere one word "WOW" - when we entered the ballroom! A magical night! There were items that we just trusted to Richelle at the Palais like we had selected uplighting on the walls...but we mentioned that after the flowers were in there and the candles...she could decide with the flower vendor if the uplighting was even needed. I trusted her to decide if it was not needed...or to change the selected colors around the sides....It was all just magnificent. I completely trusted her with her recommendations. The groom's mother was an executive and so was her husband and she even commented that she had been to alot of really nice receptions but this venue was probably the most beautiful room she had been in for a party...with the tables set, flowers, band....etc. I agree and loved it all. Thank you for the perfect evening!

M
Margaret Mcmahon

Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!!

Wonderful! Richelle was responsive, organized, and a calming presence amongst the action of the day. I felt comfortable trusting her to 'make things happen.' Read more Wonderful! Richelle was responsive, organized, and a calming presence amongst the action of the day. I felt comfortable trusting her to 'make things happen.'