Palette of Light Photography & Cinematography

Rockford, IL · View map

About Palette of Light Photography & Cinematography

We are Aaron and Lindsey, the husband and wife team that makes up Palette of Light. We are enthusiastic artists with a passion for telling authentic and inspirational stories through art. We specialize in rustic editorial style wedding photography and cinematography.

14 Reviews for Palette of Light Photography & Cinematography

14 Palette of Light Photography & Cinematography Reviews

R
Rebecca

Married on 11/10/2018

Photography perfection

My husband and I just got married in the chicago northwest suburbs in November, 2018. We did a lot of research for our wedding vendors. My coworker suggested Palette of Light since she was using them ... Read more for her wedding! I absolutely loved the look of their photos and to also hear such positive reviews was reassuring. When we video chatted with Aaron and Lindsey we were beaming with excitement and felt like we instantly made new friends!! They were so understanding, enthusiastic, profesisonal, and genuine. They were able to answer all of our questions and we felt like they would be the perfect fit to capture our wedding day. When we spent a day in Chicago on our engagement photo session, we were ELATED. We weren't sure what to expect but they made us feel so comfortable and we really had such an easy and enjoyable day taking photos with them!!! They have a way of making you laugh and be yourselves which can be hard sometimes in front of the camera. By the end of our day, we felt like we had just hung out with dear friends. But once we got our photos we wer BLOWN AWAY!! It only made us that much more excited for what our wedding day would look like! Choosing wedding vendors can be an overwhelming task but when you have the right people (which we did with Aaron and Lindsey) - you show up on your wedding day with absoutely zero concerns. I actually looked forward to seeing their familiar faces. They made me feel comfortable, happy, and beautiful on the most important day of our lives. They facilitated ALL of the minute details I had bothered them about for months leading up to the wedding. The day ran smoothly thanks to their timeline and they catered it to exactly what we wanted - including family photos which we really wanted to do before the ceremony. Throughout the couples and wedding party photos everyone was laughing and smiling! We genuinely had such a fun day with them. Aaron has a way of making you feel at ease and it's impossible not to smile and laugh around him. Lindsey is so thoughtful and detail oriented. And they work together so easily, it's really such a joy! From the moment they arrived in the morning to the moment they left, we never felt like someone was taking our photos or video. We felt like our two friends were by our side enjoying the night with us. We received our photos back within about 2-3 weeks and there is not enough I can even say about it! The photos are PHENOMENAL and more beautiful than we ever could have imagined. It was a really cold day in November but there was beautiful sunlight that they captured and the colors are incredible. We will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives which is priceless. They were able to get the candid moments that my husband and I didn't see! We fell in love with every single photo they took - from the details, to the ceremony, bride and groom, bridal party, parents, friends, family, etc. I received so many compliments from others saying "when I get married I want to use them!" or "I wish my photos looked that good!" We are actually having a hard time deciding which photos to print because we love ALL of them so much. Again, we couldn't have been happier with our decision to work with Aaron and Lindsey. It was such a joy and we loved every minute of it. We can't wait to see our wedding video too!!!

J
Jaime

Married on 07/22/2018

The photos speak for themselves but also the fact that Aaron was so fun and easy to work with made it such a great experience. His attention to detail while also going with the flow and keeping it ... Read more light made our special day even better. He was a true professional and you could tell he enjoys his job and we had a really great time with him. Not to mention, the photos turned out AMAZING!

H
Hannah

Married on 09/16/2017

These two are incredible. There's no other way to describe them. They are true artists and their pictures and videos show it. My husband always says "I just want to hang out with them. " Haha! Great, ... Read more Great, talented people.