Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service

Belmont, MI · View map

About Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service

I often have people tell me "this is the best wedding reception I've ever been to," and "I wish you had been the DJ at MY wedding."

More than any other wedding vendor, your choice of DJ will determine whether your party is a blast or one that's soon forgotten. The most important quality to look for in a mobile DJ is experience. It shows that they're serious about what they do, trustworthy, and good enough to earn referrals. I was a radio personality for 17 years, including a stint hosting morning drive at WHNN 96.1 in Saginaw/Bay City/Midland. Later I began mobile DJ'ing on the side, and am still going strong!

In addition to weddings, I frequently DJ at school parties and have earned the trust of several school administrators who hire me year after year. I also been DJ’ing the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum’s Early New Year’s Eve Party for the last ten years (at least). I also emcee charity events, such as the Walk To End Alzheimer’s.

I sometimes have the opportunity to see other DJ's perform, and one thing that always strikes me is how disappointing their systems sound. Conversely, I take two Mackie Thump speakers with 15" woofers, and two Mackie Thump 18" subs. Together, they really rock the house and get folks out to the dance floor -- yet I never get complaints that it’s too loud.

Here's a dirty little secret about mobile DJ's: as the evening progresses, some will intentionally choose songs that are duds, knowing that the party vibe will cool off and guests will head for the door – so they can make an early exit too. After all, the DJ has already been paid and/or has a contract. But my goal is to keep the party going because I genuinely enjoy what I do.

Having DJ'd at something like 300 wedding receptions and other parties, I've learned a great deal about how to make a wedding reception flow nicely, and some ways to "color outside the box." I would be happy to talk with you about ways we can make your party as fun and memorable as possible. I'll want to hear your ideas, and share a few of my own for you to consider. Thank you!

36 Reviews for Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service

36 Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service Reviews

L
Featured
Laura

Married on 05/14/2016

Larry did an awesome job with the music for our wedding reception! Not only did he play music that was perfect for each part of the night, but he got our guests involved and excited as well. The ... Read more evening went exactly as we had envisioned! We had so many guests comment on how wonderful the music was and how Larry made the whole evening fun and entertaining. Highly recommend!!

Andrew
Andrew Mertz

Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful- 10/10

Perfect Reception was a phenomenal service. It was easy to contact him and the always helpful suggestions Perfect Reception made were greatly appreciated. Perfect Reception even noticed the small ... Read more details that went right over my head. The games suggested were classics and a lot of fun and our guests LOVED the play list he had. The option to avoid certain songs/genres was greatly appreciated and the website they have prepared makes it very easy to communicate all your preferences for the reception. I have no doubt in my mind Perfect Reception has the best DJ in Michigan.

L
Leslie

Married on 11/03/2018

Must have DJ!

Larry is by far the best DJ you could ask for. He goes above and beyond what is required. He is not only a DJ, but he knows how to keep the guests’ attention and entertain the crowd. Larry will go out ... Read more of his way to work around your schedule and he is very professional. The price he charges is very reasonable and worth his talent. He has had tons of experience and many ideas on how to personalize your event. If you’re looking for a DJ, look no more, Larry is the one for you!