Peterson Design & Photography

Fullerton, California · View map

About Peterson Design & Photography

We are all about light, love, and laughter!

Weddings are jubilant and dynamic and your photos should be a reflection of that joy! We are illustrative photographers which means we combine a photo-journalistic and traditional approach. This combines capturing natural candid moments as they happen, and timeless posed shots. Our goal is to tell a natural story through our photos from the details that are easy to forget to the moments you'll never get back. We are especially drawn to bold colors, bright light and clean lines. Our images are edited to be bright, natural, clean and crisp, with colors as vibrant and true as they are in life.

We also take pride in making sure your experience is personal, unique, and individualized to your needs and that includes tailoring our pricing to fit your vision. We are here to lend our expertise along the way, we want to know all the details including your colors and vibe (we love them all!) and we will help you with timelines, vendor referrals, pinning boutonnieres, fluffing your dress and making sure your day goes as smoothly and picture-filled as possible.

Our ideal clients are fun, jovial and full of good vibes! You want your wedding to be a true reflection of your relationship and you want to be surrounded by your nearest and dearest. You have put a lot of thought into the details of your day, oh and you want amazing photos of everything! If that sounds like you, let’s be friends and create something amazing together!

23 Reviews for Peterson Design & Photography

23 Peterson Design & Photography Reviews

Maya
Maya Lohith

Getting married on 02/28/2020

Amazing Husband and Wife Duo

Marisa and Tim are amazing at what they do with cameras. They not only helped us with looking natural in front of the camera, they managed to help keep our dog looking quite cute and cooperative as we ... Read more spent a couple of hours taking our engagement pictures. I really appreciated how flexible and prompt Marisa was in coordinating, and deciding, and, when I needed some pointers and advice for what to wear to the shoot, and even other things like planning our wedding, she sent over some vendors that they have worked with to help guide us! We got our photos a few weeks ago, and when I opened up the package that came in the mail from them I just started crying! The thought that went into this care package- a sweet card, the cute box with all our photos AND some wonderful extras, just made it that much more special that we met with, and chose to go with these amazingly talented, and sincerely wonderful people as our photographers. Looking at the product, our actual photos came out so beautifully, colorfully, and clear with some favorable editing (read-not overly blurred, shadowed, faded, etc). This was abundantly important to both myself and my FH when we were looking at photographers. I also wanted to note that my fiancé and I were actually very concerned as we don't know how to take pictures or look natural, and were so worried our awkward selves would come through these....and boy were we SO wrong! And immensely happy to be wrong!! People do yourselves a favor and HIRE THIS AMAZING HUSBAND AND WIFE TEAM! You will not be disappointed.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Getting married on 08/25/2019

Love Natural and Fun Photographers!

Marisa and Tim are a joy to work with! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding, engagement or photographer for any event. They shot my fiancé's and my engagement photos this summer in ... Read more in downtown Los Angeles, which was one of the best days we've had in a long time. Marisa and Tim are simultaneously professional and fun. They have a special knack for making you at ease and creating a fun and lively atmosphere. This definitely showed through in our photos, where we looked natural and relaxed instead of self-conscious and posed. The detail they put into their work is extraordinary. We were impressed with their communication skills, presentation of work, ability to find the best lighting, packaging and branding etc. Marisa even went so far as to check if my fiancé would be wearing his glasses for our photos so that she would wear something that wouldn't reflect in the lenses. So impressive! They even did some location scouting prior to the photoshoot that gave us some great locations to use on the day. Our photos ended up being beautiful. We've received so many compliments on them, and we couldn't be happier! The colors, angles and lighting are fantastic. If you're looking for an affordable photographer that gives you the full package in terms of quality and experience, look no further than Peterson Design & Photography. Marisa and Tim are the best!

Christiana
Christiana

Married on 05/19/2019

Nothing but wonderful things!

When searching for a wedding photographer I’m sure we all want someone professional with great quality work. Marisa and Tim (husband and wife duo) certainly provide those two things in abundance, but ... Read more but what I love the most was their friendly, thoughtful, and caring hearts. I think the qualities I most admire are their dedicated work ethic, clear communication, standards of excellence, personal investment in their couples, and empathy. They take time to build a relationship and to a camera shy couple like us, that made all the difference. Marisa and Tim work over and above to provide great quality work and we are thrilled with both our engagement and wedding photos. We have nothing but love and respect for Peterson Design and Photography. Hopefully they’ll have openings for future Christmas sessions with doggos!