Phoenix Day Photography

Providence, RI · View map · Visit website

About Phoenix Day Photography

Phoenix Day Photography is an award winning on location photography business based in Rhode Island and run by owner Alexandrea Johnson with her husband, Daniel, of 11 years. She believes in capturing people in a way that they want to see themselves and showcasing the love that people have for each other. She is a hands on photographer, meaning she isn't afraid to help bustle the dress, touch up makeup and hair, calm down anxious feelings of loved ones as well as guide couples through exercises that encourage them to forget the camera is even there.

Experience
Alexandrea has been taking pictures since she was a little girl, and has also received a formal degree in Fine Arts, Psychology and Counseling. She has professionally photographed weddings and events all over the country for the last 10 years, meeting all kinds of people along the way. Alexandrea is an advocate for many causes and often will be seen photographing many charity events. Alexandrea's experience not only makes her comfortable with whatever the wedding day may throw at her, but with the balance of her husband shooting by her side, she is often able to find time for more creative shots, often leaving the couples satisfied with the experience and coming back for future sessions as their family life evolves.

Phoenix Day Photography is dedicated to capturing romantic moments between any two people and holds no boundaries when it comes to love. Alexandrea has a good balance in her photography, being able to take photos with vibrant color but also those with a glimpse of darkness. Striving to give the best personal experience to the happy couple, she is available for travel and makes sure that every special moment is captured on camera.

45 Reviews for Phoenix Day Photography

45 Phoenix Day Photography Reviews

Grace
Featured
Grace

Married on 09/23/2017

The best there is

Two words can summarize Alex... The best. She is amazing, she is real. When you are searching for something as important as a wedding photographer, you know what you want and need. For me, I needed ... Read more raw. I needed in the moment, unfiltered shots that would capture the love that my family has for each other and what we have worked so hard to build. I needed no stress and a little direction. I just needed everything to be perfect. What I didn't expect (but so glad I got) was shots that months/years later, would still give me the same feeling I had on that perfect September day. That's what Alex has given me. She managed to document the most important day of my life in the purest way possible. She is amazing. She recently took some family pictures for us, and they turned out just as perfect as our wedding pictures. Alex embraces each family member, she makes them feel comfortable, she listens to what they want, and she knows what is going to make for a perfect shot. What Alex has managed to give my family and me is very special. I just can't say enough how amazing she is.

M
Mary

Married on 10/18/2018

AMAZING She did such a great job working with my family at my sisters wedding. Our family is hard to photograph. I would recommend her to anyone. She is so fun to work with and she had my entire ... Read more family laughing

C
Cori Alexandra

Married on 09/28/2018

Beyond Amazing!!! One of a kind❤

I am a hair and makeup artist and I've worked with Alexandra multiple times & every single experience is amazing. She's so accommodating and her Services go above and beyond just photography. There's ... Read more no one that can bustle a dress like her LOL!! Her attention to detail and capture those perfect moments are extraordinary. She's so personable and friendly and she makes everyone feel so comfortable with her. I would recommend Phoenix day photography for any type of special occasion, your wedding, engagement, even boudoir shoots!