Plattekill Mountain

Roxbury, NY · View map · Visit website

About Plattekill Mountain

Plattekill Mountain is an outdoor mountaintop wedding venue located in the heart of New York’s Catskill Mountains in Roxbury, New York. The venue is anything but your typical banquet hall setting; their remote location provides a secluded, private atmosphere with a comfortable indoor-outdoor setting. Their stunning mountain top ceremony location overlooks picturesque views of the Catskill Mountains and is accessible by chairlift.

Facilities and Capacity

Plattekill Mountain offers an intimate outdoor mountaintop ceremony location with pristine, panoramic views. You and your guests will ride by chair lift to the custom-built wedding ceremony deck and back down again afterward for a cocktail hour on their beautiful wrap-around lodge deck. The lodge deck features gorgeous valley views, portable deck heaters, covered pergola bar service, and two fire pits, perfect for toasting S’mores. Their cozy rustic-chic reception lodge accommodates up to 150 people and features large windows, cathedral ceilings, romantic party lighting, and a dancefloor. During the warmer months, the reception area is air-conditioned. The property also features a private bridal suite.

Plattekill Mountain’s weekend wedding package includes a private mountaintop ceremony and a cocktail hour on their lodge deck followed by a four-hour reception inside the lodge for dinner and dancing. Transport up and down the mountain is provided via chair lift, with limited ground transport also available. Venue rental includes the exclusive use of the grounds for the day of the wedding, access to the property in the week leading up to your wedding for deliveries and decorating, and access the day after to pick up any leftover items. A wireless sound system and white folding guest chairs are provided for the ceremony. The package also includes setup of the reception area, including tables and chairs and complimentary season ski-passes for the bride and groom. Plattekill Mountain offers a choice of bar options from BYOB to open bar packages. In-house bar packages include a complimentary champagne toast. The venue can provide a list of local preferred vendors. Additional options available include a sparkler send-off, extra reception hours, a welcome dinner the evening before, and the possibility of a Sunday brunch or get-together for you and your guests the day after the wedding.

Catering

Plattekill Mountain offers a range of custom-built catering packages to suit your needs. All of their food features the freshest, locally sourced, farm-to-table ingredients. Packages include personalized service, cloth napkins, tableware, glassware, flatware, cake cutting and plating, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and water. Outside caterers are also welcomed.

Location

Plattekill Mountain is located in the heart of New York’s Catskill Mountains. The venue is just three hours from New York metro area and just over an hour away from Albany.

12 Reviews for Plattekill Mountain

12 Plattekill Mountain Reviews

Nik
Featured
Nik & Sarah Wedding

Married on 08/24/2019

The perfect, easy wedding.

Everyone at Plattekill was so easygoing and easy to work with. Christy was in occasional contact in the months leading up to our wedding--available to answer questions, and checking in infrequently. ... Read more We were onsite most of the week of our wedding, doing most of the decor setup ourselves, and everyone was very welcoming and helpful. They let us do (and facilitated) all the things that were important to us, and made good decisions about the things that didn't matter to us or we didn't get to. (Outdoor table layout, for example.) Our dog was so comfortable there that she napped through most of our reception. Our friends had a wonderful time, and we had fun. And the setting on top of the mountain is beautiful and so photogenic.

Justine
Justine

Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Mountaintop Wedding!

We are so happy to have chosen Plattekill as our wedding venue! We had complete flexibility when it came to decor, menu, and timing of everything so could make our day everything we hoped it would be. ... Read more Even though it was a quite cold and wet day, we were set on the mountain-top ceremony and Christy and her Plattekill team were absolute troopers getting everything set up and guests up the mountain! They even surprised us with hot apple cider, which everyone absolutely loved! Overall the experience was completely unique and something our guests will not soon forget. Thank you to the Plattekill team for helping to make our wedding day spectacular!

L
Lindsey

Married on 09/29/2018

This will be the best decision you ever make (besides marrying your fiance)!

I will never forget the day my husband and I visited Plattekill Mountain for the first time. It was late January and we were anticipating a late summer wedding. Before we entered the lodge, my ... Read more husband and I did our best to “melt the snow away” so we could envision what our wedding might look like in September. It wasn’t until we met Christy (our wedding coordinator) that we understood the essence of Plattekill and what it prides itself on. Yes, the venue itself is 100% perfection. No one can argue that. Seriously, it will take your breath away. Trust me. However, what really convinced us that Plattekill was where we should have our wedding, was the warmth that emitted from the entire staff. You walked into the lodge and it felt like you were at a family reunion. Christy went out of her way to not only answer any questions we had, but was 100% committed to making our wedding the best day of our lives. She surpassed all of our expectations! In case you’re wondering, yes...wedding planning is a much more rewarding experience when you can plan it with your “bestie”. It was a no brainer for my husband and I to choose Plattekill for our wedding venue. That feeling when you realized your partner was “the one” is exactly what we felt after leaving our first Plattekill tour. In fact, Plattekill was the only venue we visited because we knew it was “the one”. Our wedding went on without a hitch. I honestly could write a novel with all of the positive experiences we had from Plattekill. We had a few people (myself included) who had food allergies and Marilyn and the kitchen crew went out of their way to ensure that nothing was mixed or cross-contaminated; which gave me peace of mind. Marilyn even triple checked the allergy list by introducing herself to those guests and specifically handled their food so they could feel at ease. One of our guests came up to me and told me how much more she enjoyed our wedding because she knew exactly what was safe to eat without having to worry. Thank you Plattekill for being so thoughtful! If you’re not sure if you should bring in your own catering or use Plattekill’s, let me be the first to tell you that Plattekill’s food was hands down the best we have ever had!!! Big thanks to our chefs, Dale and Christy (different Christy hahaa)! Also would love to thank our bartenders, Jill and Dennis, for taking such good care of everyone at the wedding! They even went through all of their glassware and asked my husband and I which style we’d prefer for each drink offered. Now that’s what I call thorough! The chairlift experience was magical. Although we got married at Plattekill, I had never been skiing or snowboarding. We chose a mountain venue because we’re avid hikers/outdoorsy. That was such an incredible experience and I’m so glad our friends and family got to witness that as well. For those who were afraid of heights or weren’t wanting to use the chair lift, Plattekill provided a way to the top for those people. They really do think of everything! Our chairlift operators were a hoot and definitely gave off a great energy and vibe for the wedding! Thanks to Danielle, Adam, Forrest, Mark and Kevin for providing great service during the chairlift prep but also transforming the lodge to be picture perfect for our reception! The best part about “Platty” (besides their impeccable customer service) is the ability to have a “do-it-yourself” wedding. Whether it be BYO alcohol package, your own catering service, decor, etc., you have the freedom to transform their lodge to fit the vision of your wedding. My husband and I couldn’t recommend Plattekill enough. We relive that day as much as we can and encourage others who are considering Plattekill for their wedding venue, to put their trust in the staff. They are so generous with their time, energy and creativity. Thank you Bob (owner) for creating such a positive environment for all. Looking forward to visiting again soon!