Point Lookout Resort

Lincolnville, ME · View map · Visit website

About Point Lookout Resort

Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center is a destination wedding venue located in Northport, Maine. Set atop a mountain with views of Penobscot Bay in the background, couples will experience beauty in every aspect of this venue. Point Lookout is also set on 387 acres of forest that can make perfect pictures for an adventurous or outdoorsy couple.

Facilities and Capacity
With 387 acres at its disposal, Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center has enough space to hold up to 400 guests. The Summit facility is the leading site at this venue that boasts mahogany floors, a great room, lounges, fireplaces, artwork and a glass rotunda reception room with views of islands off the coast of Maine. Hedges Hall is a 10,000-square-foot ballroom with a glass wrap around veranda that is set over the bay and islands. Attached to this site are two hand carved bars and a 10,000-square-foot open air pavilion that can hold up to 400 people.

Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center prides itself in the individualized service that it offers to every couple. They work with couples to coordinate everything that the couple desire. Some services they offer are:

• On-site catering

D
Featured
Dylan

Married on 07/28/2017

The moment my wife and I toured Point Lookout we knew that the search was over and we had found the perfect spot to have our big day. And it diddnt disappoint. Everything about Point Lookout was ... Read more conducive to truly creating a day that encompassed everything we dreamed of. Our wedding coordinators, Jess and Kariann were there with us every step of the way and always quick to answer any and all questions we had. They really took a lot of the panic out of the planning process. Point Lookout offered a truly incredible venue for us and our guests. We got to enjoy a bit of everything; the views from the Summit during the cocktail hour, and the vast lawn and yard space for games at the Pavillion for the reception. Our guests continue to rave about having the shuttles and cabins on property, making it feel like a trip back to camp, or weekend vacation where they could safely have fun without the hassle of driving. We truly have nothing but great things to say about Point Lookout, and if we had to do it over 100 times, 100 times we'd pick Point Lookout.

E
Emma

Married on 04/27/2019

An absolute dream!

It was a dream to work with Jess Riley at Point Lookout. The venue is breathtaking, and the staff top notch. My husband and I are heartbroken to hear that the venue will be closing at the end of the ... Read more year. We were looking forward to many future visits! We toured the venue roughly a year before our wedding date, on a cloudy, foggy day. The venue was still stunning. If you know anything about April in Maine, you know the value of a venue that has both indoor and outdoor options. Point Lookout has the stunning lawn if the stars align and the weather is perfect, and several indoor rooms that can serve as a backup all on site. I loved that the backup wouldn’t have guests seated at the reception tables – there was a separate space that would be all prepared if needed. Throughout my year of planning, Jess and her staff patiently answered my million questions. She reviewed potential day-of timelines countless times, worked with me to open a second room for quieter, comfortable conversation during the reception, and seamlessly coordinated with my other vendors. Jess worked with me to ensure the room block was set up correctly and kept me updated on how full it was. She made meal recommendations that my guests are still raving about. She worked with us to provide a space to finish packing our welcome baskets the day before our wedding, and had the front desk staff hand them out as our guests were arriving. The guests who arrived a day or two early were informed of the baskets by the staff. It made my life so much easier to be able to assemble them on site! We also asked about an accessible van for one of our handicap guests since we requested transportation around the mountain. Jess made sure our guest was taken care of well beyond our wildest dreams – he was so appreciative, and it really was due to Jess’s attention to detail. On the day of our wedding, she kept everything running smoothly. I didn’t even know when the cake was delivered – it was just there! Everything ran so efficiently that we were 30 minutes ahead of schedule by the time the ceremony began (of course we waited for the guests before beginning). Even though we had rain almost all day long, the space was still stunning. Jess let me know by what time I needed to make the final call on inside vs. outside and made sure I would be happy with the decision. The Point Lookout staff was absolutely top notch – everything ran like clockwork, they worked with my DJ to make sure the audiovisual equipment was fully functioning, and the room set ups were everything I dreamed. The catering staff made sure everything was taken care of for my husband and I (including making sure we could eat!). Honestly, one of the most upsetting aspects of the Point Lookout closure will be that such a well-functioning, high quality staffing team will be very difficult to find for future events. Booking the venue would have been worth it due to the quality staffing alone, not just the views. This made the overall venue an amazing deal you couldn’t find elsewhere (and I looked)! The next day, our breakfast had to be relocated due to the cold weather (we were informed a day or two before our wedding and could inform our guests). We were exceptionally fortunate to use the Summit facility. The day started bright and gorgeous so our guests could see the beautiful Penobscot Bay. For couples fortunate enough to have a wedding before the venue closes, I highly recommend doing as my husband and I did: spend an extra evening after your wedding at Point Lookout and enjoy a hike or two in the area. It was wonderful to enjoy the scenery while we relived our wedding together.

A
Ally Burditt

Married on 02/16/2019

Point lookout

We could not have asked for a better venue. Point lookout is amazing. Jess and the entire staff were amazing. Making everything a breeze we did not have to worry about anything! The food for ... Read more rehearsal dinner and reception were delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. We loved that we were able to make a weekend out of it instead of just one day! You will not be disappointed!!