Portland Spirit Cruises & Events

Portland, OR · View map · Visit website

About Portland Spirit Cruises & Events

Portland Spirit Cruises & Events, a breathtaking wedding venue in Portland, offers couples a unique experience for their engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner or elegant ceremony and reception. In the business since 1994, you and your guests will love a wedding on the water.

Facilities and Capacity
The Portland Spirit has two levels, built-in marble dance floor and an open air viewing deck. It can accommodate up to 300 guests for your ceremony and 400 for a reception. Another option is the Willamette Star, an elegant venue space with a cherry wood interior, sound system, piano and two viewing decks. This space can hold 100 guests for your ceremony, and 120 for the reception. A more intimate space is the Crystal Dolphin, a luxurious vessel for a 50-person ceremony and 80-person reception. Finally, the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler provides the authentic riverboat experience, accommodating a maximum of 200 people.

Wedding packages include many amenities, including the cruising time, delivery and setup, catering options, planning and coordination and more. Depending on the package and venue space, services and items include:

• Audio equipment
  • Lighting/sound
  • Outside vendors
  • Tables

Cuisine
With fresh ingredients and creative, delicious menu options, your food needs will be taken care of at Portland Spirit Cruises & Events. You may choose from serving styles such as buffet, cocktail reception, hors d’oeuvres, plated and servers. The catering team and chefs will create anything ranging from seafood to salad, meats, vegetarian options and so much more.

8 Reviews for Portland Spirit Cruises & Events

8 Portland Spirit Cruises & Events Reviews

C
Featured
Christy

Married on 09/03/2017

I can't think of a better venue for an intimate wedding and reception. Morgan was my wedding planner and was great the entire way through. We booked in early May and had our wedding sept 3, so not a ... Read more ton of time to plan but really they do it all. I felt like I just had to show up. The food was amazing as was the entire staff, so friendly and accommodating. We brought in dessert from another venue but there are options to order through Portland spirit. The standard cruise time is 2.5 hours, we added an extra 30 min which I would definitely recommend, it gave just that extra little buffer time to fully enjoy everything without being so strict on our timeline. We truly enjoyed every moment and so did our guests. I could go on and on because I'm still on cloud 9, but the short version is that the Portland Spirit/Crystal Dolphin staff are second to none, food is amazing, and you can't beat the view and ambiance when cruising down the river around sunset. THANK YOU ❤️❤️❤️

Krista
Krista Hubbard

Married on 08/17/2019

Best Venue and Staff Ever!!

We had an absolute perfect wedding and everything was so incredible! We can’t thank The Portland Spirit enough for all they did to help put this together for us! We just got married this Saturday ... Read more August 17th and we already love reliving our memories and can’t wait to go on a cruise again one of these days! Our ceremony was on the top deck and dinner and dancing on the middle deck and everything was gorgeous!!! Beautiful clean boat and great view of the Waterfront! Far and above our expectations to use the Portland Spirit. The whole staff was so nice, efficient and helpful to all of our guests. The food was delicious and all of the coordination was amazing. You will be so thankful if you use the Portland Spirit because the staff on the boat made this event seamless! And the captain was our officiant and he is amazing!! What a wonderful memory with him and he even let us drive the boat when we went up to sign our license! All of our guest kept telling us this was the most fun wedding they have been to and how cool it was to be on a cruise! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using The Portland Spirit!! They are so inclusive so the money goes to so many things and you will get an amazing staff to help you.

L
Lisa

Married on 07/29/2017

We had an absolutely wonderful wedding experience with the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler. The event coordinator and crew went truly above and beyond to give us an incredible day. I really can not say ... Read more enough good things about them. Plus, the scenery and food were great! I don’t have any scenery pics on my phone but if you know the Columbia Gorge, you can imagine!