Preston Woodall House

Benson, NC · View map · Visit website

About Preston Woodall House

Preston Woodall House is a historic, Queen Anne bed and breakfast located in Benson, North Carolina. Situated just 25 minutes from Raleigh, this vintage-style wedding venue prides themselves on their luxurious accommodations and diverse amenities. They provide both indoor and outdoor settings for your big day. Preston Woodall House offers a variety of wedding packages to accommodate your individual tastes and budget.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 400 guests at this bed and breakfast built in 1910. Their 9,500-square-foot facility is perfect for both ceremonies and receptions. You can dance the night away in their elegant, 2,800-square-foot Cora Lily Grand Ballroom. Your guests will experience beautiful chandeliers, Raymond Waites wallpaper and Queen Anne decor throughout the historic house. For your ceremony, you can say your “I do’s” outside surrounded by gorgeous gardens and tranquil fountains.

This full-service venue offers multiple wedding packages to choose between, including all-inclusive options and destination weekend options where you can celebrate from Friday through Sunday. They also offer full wedding planning services, as well as a wedding-day management package. There’s plenty of complimentary parking for your guests, as well as overnight accommodations. Additional services include, but are not limited to:

• Bridal suite
  • Flatware
  • Barware
  • Linens

Accommodation
Preston Woodall House offers 13 guest rooms and cottages for your friends and family to stay in. Your guests will enjoy a complimentary, full breakfast in the Kaitlyn Elizabeth Sunroom in the morning, along with luxury linens and Queen Park Place plush/firm mattresses. Each beautifully decorated room features cable TV and a CD player.

Cuisine
This unique wedding venue has an exclusive, in-house Chef to take care of all your culinary needs. Their experienced staff is sophisticated, polished and promises to deliver the highest quality of service to you and your guests. Couples can choose from heavy hors d'oeuvres, a buffet, a plated meal, carving stations or themed menus. Their chef will even create a custom menu tailored to your individual preferences. They also offer a variety of alcohol for all of your beverage needs. Sample plated entrees include:

• Herb Stuffed Pork Roulade

Laura
Featured
Laura

Married on 10/28/2017

I can't even begin to express how amazing it was to get married at the Preston Woodall House. Not only is the house beautiful, with room to house 26 guests, and all-inclusive, but they have the BEST ... Read more staff of any of the vendors we worked with. Nick and DJ, our coordinator and chef, made our wedding great. Multiple people have told me that the rest of the staff, especially Kim, helped them with whatever they needed. From signing the contract to packing up the morning after, they had smiles on their faces and gave us a helping hand with everything. When I was getting a headache during the reception, Kim gave me a neck massage. I forgot my cousin has extensive food allergies (oops, wedding brain), and they got her a plate of stuff she could eat during the middle of the reception. Everyone was so welcoming, and honestly it felt like Nick and DJ were part of the family by the time everything was over! On top of that, the house was breathtaking. We really loved that everything happened in one place, that I could get ready upstairs, that our whole bridal party and their guests could stay on site with us, and that the ceremony and reception happened in the ballroom. After the rehearsal dinner, we were able to have a karaoke night in the ballroom because we had the house for the whole weekend! And DJ told us ghost stories. It was so wonderful, I'm so grateful for everything they did for us and how amazing they made our special day.

Z
Zenia Zalavarria

Married on 11/24/2018

Organization like no other

I cannot say how grateful I am to Joel and his staff for the warmth and attention they provided not only to our wedding party and I but also to our guest. We chose to do in-house catering and they ... Read more exceeded our expectations. Our guest and us cannot stop talking about how delicious the food was. The organization is unmatched! When I say they put in work I mean they really put in work! The staff made sure the entire day went by seamlessly. The best decision I made after marrying my husband was to have our wedding at the Preston Woodall House!

HappilyEverAlberti
Sarah

Married on 11/25/2017

My fiancé and I are getting married in November of 2017 and we honestly can't be happier with our choice. Joel, the owner, honestly sold us on himself (the venue is beautiful enough to speak for ... Read more itself!!) the first time we met him. Joel and his team (especially Nick & DJ) treat each couple and family like they are the only people that they are working with. They cater so well to everyone's individual wants and needs and will go out of their way to ensure that you vision comes true. I could honestly go on and on but you really won't be able to understand how amazing this venue and staff are until you get to personally work with them. You will not be sorry.