Providence Marriott Downtown

Providence, RI · View map · Visit website

About Providence Marriott Downtown

The Providence Marriott Downtown is a wedding venue and full-service hotel located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island.We understand that every wedding couples' dream wedding should be as unique as they are. That is why every wedding we host is customized.

You and your guests will surely enjoy your stay at the Marriott through the many amenities that the hotel has to offer. Along with your beautiful wedding reception, the venue provides offers the following services:

• Complimentary parking
  • AQUA - unique outdoor lounge and event venue that can be used for reception, bachelor/bachelorette parties
  • Full service G Salon & Spa - wedding party packages available
  • Indoor and outdoor connected swimming pools
  • Deluxe suite accommodations for the couple’s wedding night
  • Hotel Chef of the Year 2019 - Executive Chef Franco Paterno
  • Fresh, local and sustainable ingredients used whenever possible
  • Chef's Garden
  • Two onsite restaurants
  • Flexible, unobstructed event space
  • Reduced rates for invitations and photographers
  • Reduced group sleeping room rates
  • Hosted coat-check and attendant
  • Fitness center

Cuisine

The Providence Marriott provides its own catering and has different packages that the couple can choose from. With each package you can select specific amounts of entrees, appetizers, cocktails, desserts and salads that will be prepared by the award-winning chef. Not only can you select the menu for your reception, but the venue also provides you with selections for your rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch. Our Executive Chef, Franco Paterno, was selected as Hotel Chef of the Year 2019.

28 Reviews for Providence Marriott Downtown

28 Providence Marriott Downtown Reviews

Candace
Candace Steele

Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Kentucky Derby Wedding

We hosted our wedding at the Marriott Downtown Providence on Saturday, May 4, 2019. We wanted a Kentucky Derby wedding and that is exactly what we got! Our event manager, Nicole, was simply amazing. ... Read more We were reluctant to have a hotel wedding for all the obvious reasons. Most importantly we were concerned that a well know hotel would be challenged with a theme wedding vs. a more traditional celebration. All of our fears were quickly put to rest. The overall planning, pricing, menu selection, specialty cocktails (including mint juleps and Oaks Lilies), room design, etc. could not have been simpler. The one thing that most impressed me is that I never heard NO, I was not reminded of "rules and policies". That being said, we did not ask for anything outrageous, but a theme wedding does require some thinking outside of the box (such as placing custom posters over existing ballroom art and using authentic mint julep glasses). This was no problem for the Marriott staff. We could not be happier with the end result. It was everything we hoped for. Our guests truly enjoyed our wedding and so did we! If you are on the fence about this hotel as your venue, my advice is to go for it. The guest rooms were fabulous, many recently updated, the outdoor space is perfect for photos and the food was incredible! The bar is also a great place to meet up with friends (say hello to Amber for us) staying at the hotel and the restaurant served up a great breakfast buffet for a reasonable cost. Overall, this hotel is a perfect venue. Did I mention free parking for your guests? I could go on and on!

J
Jennifer

Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I recently had our wedding at the Providence Marriott Downtown. I have to say, working with everyone there made it for an extremely easy wedding to plan and a fabulous wedding weekend. ... Read more Donna DiOrio, director of catering was an absolute joy to work with throughout the 9 months that we were planning our wedding. Every time we had a questions, concern, or uncertainty she was there to help us through it. She truly made the wedding planning process easy and enjoyable. I truly felt like we were a top priority the weekend of our wedding and she made me feel at ease during what could have been a stressful time. As we attended the Marriott on occasion throughout the planning process, we had the fortunate experience of dining in their restaurant, BlueFin Grille. We ate their 3 times (including our tasting) and each time we have the pleasure of having Kimee as our waitress. Kimee was extremely knowledgeable about the food menu and drink menu. She was able to make numerous suggestions to us that were all delicious. She was a joy to speak with and get to know along the way. The day of our wedding we had the privilege of working with another member of Donna's team, Donnie. Donnie was available to us the entire evening of our wedding. Whatever my husband and I needed, he was able to make sure it happened. He was constantly checking in on us to make sure we ate, had a drink, etc. If there was a request we had, he was the guy to make it happen. Not only was he very attentive but he was funny, kind, and efficient. Contacting Donnie and his team the day after our wedding was also a breeze. They had all of our belongings packed up for us and we didn't have to do a thing! We stayed at the Marriott for 2 evenings after our wedding and although the event was over we were clearly valued customers. Seeing Donnie and Donna after the event, they were sure to follow up with us to make sure we didn't need anything else. They truly made our experience magical!

D
Deb

Married on 06/25/2016

Donna: Katie & Anthony’s wedding was absolutely MAGICAL! I don’t think I stopped smiling the entire evening! Every single detail was perfect! I honestly expected it, having known you for so many years ... Read more years and knowing how amazing you are and how detail oriented….but actually FEELING it that evening….it was over the top! The ballroom looked like a fairy tale! You orchestrated everything so well and your calm demeanor was so appreciated. People even commented to me that your waitstaff could not have been any nicer. Aqua was perfect for the cocktail hour! I could go on and on and on. Really. I’m still on cloud nine! Katie and Anthony and Anthony’s Mom and Dad came back to my house on Sunday and we were all gushing about every single detail. Thank you so so very much! I just adore you. My heart is so full. This was the best experience ever! Deb