Providence Public Library

Providence, RI · View map · Visit website

About Providence Public Library

The Providence Public Library, presented by Russell Morin Catering & Events is a wedding venue located in Providence, Rhode Island. With historic architecture and dramatic skylights, this venue is perfect for a unique and romantic wedding. It is also located in the heart of downtown Providence, giving it a sense of luxury and city charm.

Facilities and Capacity
The Providence Public Library, presented by Russell Morin Catering & Events has a Grand Hall that overlooks the indoor Garden Courtyard, creating a breathtaking entrance and a great location for your cocktail reception or dance floor. While the Grand Hall accommodates up to 300 guests, the intimate City Garden fits up to 150 guests. The library also has the Ship Room, the Rhode Island Room and the Barnard Room that can accommodate anywhere from 80 to 185 people for a rehearsal dinner or cocktail hour. They also have space for a bridal suite with an adjoined dressing room in their Trustees Room.

Allowing you to customize every room to fit your own unique taste, the Russell Morin Catering & Events will surely give you a one of a kind wedding. They will also provide you with the following services:

• Furniture rentals
  • Valet
  • Nearby lodging
  • Exclusive vendor for specialty lighting
  • Exclusively catered by Russell Morin Catering & Events

40 Reviews for Providence Public Library

40 Providence Public Library Reviews

Juliana
Featured
Juliana

Married on 07/22/2017

Perfection! PPL was the perfect reception location for our 'mini-destination' wedding. All of our guests were from out of town, and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was and how much they ... Read more loved the separation of cocktail hour/dining room/ dance floor (which is one of the reasons we chose it, other than its beauty). The dance floor is perfect for introductions and dancing all night without the awkward feeling that people are just sitting at their tables watching you act a fool. Lisa Nightingale is a saint. Without her I don't know how I could have pulled any of it off. I liked her so much that I hired her as our day-of coordinator (through Russell Morins). She was always so happy and made everyone that was part of our wedding very much at ease. I honestly felt like I was talking with a longtime friend, and to me that's comforting in itself. The food was AMAZING. From the steaks, to the wild mushroom ravioli and desserts, each of my guests that I talked to raved about all the dishes (shrimp neptune being the real showstopper). The staff was all so great and seemed genuinely happy to be there helping us. Even some girls working in the kitchen that had to walk through the dance floor actually danced through the dance floor with all of us, haha, everyone loved that. Our personal butler was the cherry on top, seriously, I always had a drink in my hand, didn't have to ask twice for anything, and most of the time I didn't even have to ask for anything at all, it's like she read my mind. This venue is perfect in every way and worth every penny. Everything went by smoothly and the day was perfect. 10 stars.

C
Chris Kane

Married on 03/05/2019

Fantastic Service - Wonderful Day

Our wedding was perfect, the food was delicious, the drinks were flowing, the lighting was beautiful and our wedding coordinator Ardrianna was fantastic, a dream to work with. We could not have been ... Read more happier!

B
Blake

Married on 01/13/2018

Cannot say enough amazing things about Lisa and the Morin's team. They were so wonderful to work with and made our day feel truly special and everything we could have hoped for and more. Read more Cannot say enough amazing things about Lisa and the Morin's team. They were so wonderful to work with and made our day feel truly special and everything we could have hoped for and more.