Queen City Ensemble

Charlotte, NC · View map · Visit website

About Queen City Ensemble

Queen City Ensemble is a wedding music ensemble based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Sisters Jenny and Becky Thoms are violinists who have formed a much sought-after string trio with cellist Jean Beaudoin, playing for weddings in and around the Charlotte area. With their extensive knowledge and expertise, the trio has mastered the precise timing required for wedding ceremonies, along with a large repetoire of music that couples can choose from with guidance from the musicians. Queen City Ensemble can also take special requests for musical pieces specific to an event.

Experience
With an average of 23 years of experience, each member is a classically trained musician. They have received training from Appalachian State University, Eastman School of Music, Florida State University, Indiana University, North Carolina School of the Arts, Rice University, the University of South Florida, and the University of Cincinnati. They have performed in numerous orchestras and accompanied several world-class musicians, including Ray Charles, John Tesh, Sandy Duncan, and cellist Lynn Harrell.

Queen City Ensemble offers wedding packages tailored to meet the couple's budget. They can play for wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, receptions and rehearsal dinners. The trio can also learn new music as per the couples' request, and additional instrumention may be available.

62 Reviews for Queen City Ensemble

62 Queen City Ensemble Reviews

L
Featured
Laura &

Married on 07/21/2012

Queen City Ensemble was AMAZING! Even though I (the bride) was stuck hiding in the back of our venue waiting for the ceremony to start, and didn't officially get to meet all the members, all my ... Read more interactions and communications with them were perfect. I mainly communicated via email with Janet, and everything went smoothly with all our discussions. We saw them play at The Point Lake and Golf Club Wedding Show (now Trump National Golf Course) and liked them. We looked around at some other strings, and compared prices. Queen City definitely is affordable compared to some other string groups out there, and after seeing them play and seeing the price, we were set! It was definitely a perfect decision! Not only do they have an amazing classical repertoire to choose from for song selections, they had an amazing contemporary selection. This is something to consider when looking for ceremony musicians because they can charge you extra (ALOT extra) if you want a special song. I really wanted the Feather Theme from Forrest Gump for our sand ceremony to be played... and guess waht, they have it on their list! On top of that, they let me select all the songs for the prelude before the ceremony, and got to hear some other favorites - Candle on the Water from Pete's Dragon and God Only Knows - The Beach Boys (again, all in their repertoire!) Ask to see their song list .... it is really extensive!!! It is great to have more options at an affordable price as well as deal with professional vendors who are polite, on time, and do exactly what you had paid them to do. Thank you ladies for making our wedding day perfect. I would highly recommend this group to anyone in need of a strings for their ceremony!!!!

R
Robert

Getting married on 10/05/2019

Great experience, I highly recommend Queen City Ensemble!!!

The ladies from Queen City Ensemble were fantastic! Jenny, Becky, and Jean were incredible to work with. It was our only daughter's wedding and Queen City Ensemble set a great mood for the entire ... Read more evening! Our guests were overwhelmed by the beauty of the music and the very professional presentation. I would highly recommend the ladies of Queen City Ensemble to anyone who would want a flawless and beautiful experience. I'm one very happy Dad!

J
Jamie

Married on 03/30/2019

Simply Amazing!

Queen City Ensemble was wonderful to work with - responsive, organized, and so on top of things. Their music literally brought me to tears as I selected which songs I wanted played. They sound ... Read more amazing!!