Rachael Houser Photography

Paducah, KY · View map

About Rachael Houser Photography

I’m a Christian, a wife, and a miniature dachshund momma. Hi there, I’m Rachael, the on-location lifestyle portrait and wedding photographer behind Rachael Houser Photography. I serve the greater part of Western Kentucky but am also available for travel.

My passion for photography has always been there, it was only when my nephew was born that I learned I also had the talent. What they call a “photographer’s eye”. I started small, shooting portraits for friends and family, and finally grew in my confidence and my business to provide wedding photography as well.

I focus on you, the client. What you want and how you want it. I can run the show and welcome your suggestions or I can be the one making suggestions while you direct. I thrive working outside my comfort zone. I want your day to be exactly that. Your day. I want your pictures to be your pictures.

And most of all, I want you to be you.

28 Reviews for Rachael Houser Photography

28 Rachael Houser Photography Reviews

A
Alaina

Married on 09/17/2016

We planned our Missouri wedding from Pennsylvania! As you can imagine, long-distance planning can have its own challenges, and part of what makes Rachael so great was how easy she is to work with! We ... Read more We viewed several online portfolios, and interviewed quite a few photographers, and really went with Rachael because her personality shined so brightly on our skype-interview. The experience only got better from there: we did our engagement shoot with her, and she made us feel so comfortable and gave us much-requested-and-desperately-needed direction, which we SO appreciated. The photos turned out so wonderful, and she continued to be such a joy to work with. We also met her husband, Neil, who is also great and funny! By the time the wedding was super close, I was crazy uptight about the list of portraits and timeline and she was so flexible and accommodating with me! She assured me I wasn't crazy several times (are you SURE?! I continued to ask). She can share her opinion in a non-aggressive, but honest way, and always considered my opinions as the bride. Come wedding day, she was FLAWLESS! Easy to work with, kept stress levels NONEXISTENT, and the groomsmen fell into an easy bro-mance with Neil. It was adorable! We only have a sneak-peak of our wedding photos, and it already blew me away. Rachael excels in communication, professionalism, friendliness, and talent.

B
Beth

Married on 08/27/2016

Rachael was amazing for our engagement session and wedding day. She made sure to capture every pose we wanted on top of her poses. She is extremely efficient and so friendly. She makes it easy to be ... Read more in front of the camera. She prepared a timeline for our wedding day that made it so easy to know where to be and when. She moved quickly and our entire bridal party/family commented on how amazing she was throughout the day in terms of her work and personality. We decided to add a second shooter, so she brought her husband with her for the wedding. They worked so well together and everyone had a great time having both of them around. They seemed to always be in the right places to get the best shots. We would definitely recommend Rachael Houser Photography.

A
Adysen

Event date: 02/05/2016

This is the first time I have used her as a photographer and I will definitely be using her for future memories I want captured. I wish I would have found her in time for my wedding and engagement ... Read more session. Great experience!