Real Good Weddings: Photography by Beth Herzhaft

Los Angeles, CA · View map

About Real Good Weddings: Photography by Beth Herzhaft

Modern,warm and truly individual documentary photography. Please see my website for testimonials and more images!

My style has been described as timeless, real and enduring: Visual storytelling is the foundation of my wedding photography. I'm a fan of classic documentary photography with depth - the artful documentation of life's events, rather than trendy images where the technique speaks louder than the images.

I capture events as they unfold at their own pace and rhythm, rather than constantly interrupting it to take endless posed photos and detail shots. I find the beauty in every part of a wedding. (Of course, details posed pictures are also taken, but it is approached as a spice rather than a main dish.)

I prefer to highlight what makes each wedding different rather than each one looking identical. My goal is to capture the essence and the spirit of the event, the personality of those photographed - to record those moments in the most beautiful and unique way.

If you like what you see, I would be happy to work with you to personalize a package to fit your budget and needs. Feel free to contact me to schedule a consultation.

#lovewon!

Beth

4 Reviews for Real Good Weddings: Photography by Beth Herzhaft

4 Real Good Weddings: Photography by Beth Herzhaft Reviews

D
Daniel

Married on 08/22/2015

My wife and I discovered Beth via the owner/operator of our wedding venue. We spoke with her on the phone a few times and then met for dinner where we discussed the location, the intended mood of the ... Read more ceremony, and our general aesthetics. Our discussion covered music, TV, literature, politics... Before too long we felt like we were having dinner with a good friend who just coincidentally was going to capture our wedding. After meeting with 4-5 additional wedding photographers it was clear that Beth was the only one who "got" us. Before it even popped out of our mouths, Beth expressed that we probably weren't going to be keen on a plethora of posed photos and wedding clichés. Bingo. Almost any photographer can do that. Beth excels at capturing candid moments, scenes that most photographers might pass over, then turning them into distinct units of time that we call photos. With subtle yet sometimes dramatic post-processing, nothing looks fake, nothing looks unnatural, and everything Beth compiled into an album looked breathtaking, sincere and uniquely ours. Beth also understands that many couples may want that handful of "standard" photos... the ring, the newlyweds, and the wedding party. But if that's all you're looking for in a portfolio of wedding photos, go elsewhere. If you want a collection that will look like no one else's and will have friends and family asking, "Where did you find this photographer?!", go with Beth. Beth knows photography. She knows her business and her art. She's not stiff or awkward, and she's a little weird. Perfect.

C
Chris

Married on 08/30/2014

Beth Herzhaft is an amazing photographer, with a great eye. She captured not only the portraits that my family wanted, but more importantly, she captured the essence of our wedding. With amazing ... Read more timing, seasoned expertise, and an artist's eye she caught intimate and hilarious candid moments that are not only great memories, but museum quality portraits. The photographs from our wedding are something we look forward to looking at over and over. Very grateful we were able to work with Beth!

User6024546

2+ years ago

Beth Herzhaft, Real Good Weddings, was the wedding photographer for our out-of-town wedding in Pennsylvania and gave us memories to last a lifetime. We live in Los Angeles and wanted something more ... Read more authentic than the typical wedding package available to us in PA. Beth came along for the adventure, and was able to calm my camera shy bride nerves by her quiet and non-invasive approach. Her candid shots caught the most private and emotional moments between parents and kids, my new husband and I, and so many tender touches between our loved ones. She found the humor in the traditions, and the beauty in simplicity as well as the more opulent aspects of the ceremony. Her work transcends the photo album and enters the arena of art. Compositions are creative, making everyone look their best, but unposed. Color and light palettes were magical in both color and B&W photographs. And those traditional posed family shots that all the elders wanted for their mantles - we managed to capture those as well, with fun, and everyone's personality shining through. We recommend Beth Herzhaft most highly, and look forward to many years of happy memories while paging through her photographs of our special day.