Rebecca Yale Photography

Beverly Hills, CA · View map

About Rebecca Yale Photography

When I was 10-years-old my family took a 6-week trip across Europe. I was given my very own camera for the first time and after filling an entire suitcase with film I knew I was hooked forever. My love of photography brought me to NYU where I studied photojournalism and aesthetic philosophy, focusing on photography's ability to mold the way we see the world.

I shoot reportage style with a romantic eye, looking for great light and beautiful authentic moments. I began my career in fashion photography, working in Avedon's archive and I use my knowledge of fashion photography to art direct when needed. My real passion lies in story telling, and there's no story I love telling more than a love story. I am a hybrid shooter, switching between my Nikon and Contax because I love the beautiful tones of film and the speed and agility of digital.

I love what I do and I will strive to create photographs you love as much as I do. No stiff photos here. Whether it's your wedding day or a family session in the park I want us laughing our way through the whole day. I love to travel (40 countries and counting) and am available to travel for weddings or portraiture anywhere in the world.

17 Reviews for Rebecca Yale Photography

17 Rebecca Yale Photography Reviews

A
Annie

Married on 10/28/2017

Finding the right wedding photographer was one of the most important decisions in our wedding planning process. My now husband and I are truly honored and fortunate to have had the chance to work with ... Read more Rebecca Yale. Rebecca is truly an amazing wedding photographer and the first person we signed after booking our venue. She was always so quick and responsive to our emails and offered her advice and suggestions throughout the entire process. Rebecca was such an asset to our whole wedding experience--organized, calming, super friendly, bubbly, warm and amazingly talented. Her love and passion for what she does is obvious and her dedication to creating the most perfect shots for us from all angles and right types of lighting was truly inspiring. She’s not afraid to take control and direct to get the shots she wants while still being polite and professional to other vendors. During the shoot, Rebecca paid attention to every little detail- helping me adjust my dress and positioning us to get the most complimenting angle. I wanted someone who I knew I could trust to capture our special day, as it was, and all the emotions of our guests and the gorgeous scenery. She helped make the wedding day run smoothly and documented it thoroughly and beautifully. We received 7 edited preview photos at 1AM, 3 hours after our wedding ended!! Her dedication and brilliance set her aside from other photographers and we cannot wait to see the rest of our wedding day gallery. Thank you Rebecca Yale for capturing the most important day of our lives!

T
Thomas

Married on 04/29/2017

Planning a wedding and the experience that follows is a challenge. Being able to capture all of the moments throughout this priceless time is even more difficult. However, Rebecca and her team did ... Read more just that - captured the moments from our wedding that we and our guests will remember for years to come. My husband and I are beyond pleased with the quality of our her work and her high level of professionalism. Rebecca was by far the best vendor that we've worked with. Rebecca was incredibly relationship-driven, listened to our personal requests, and worked with our other vendors to ensure perfect execution for the day of our wedding from a photography perspective. Rebecca also was phenomenal in capturing moments, that we did't even know she was with us. She made the experience of taking pictures feel natural with no pressure at all. And with all that takes place on the wedding day, this was very much appreciated! We've hired Rebecca for both our engagement and wedding. Her work is exceptional and she is by far the best vendor we've worked with. Her reviews and relationships in the industry are also a testament to her character and the successful business she has built.

M
Megan

Married on 04/22/2017

We were very fortunate to work with Rebecca in Brooklyn for an engagement shoot while she was in town and we immediately clicked. She is personable, warm, friendly, and incredibly talented. Our ... Read more engagement pictures were amazing and we were so excited to see her again on our wedding day. On the day of our wedding, Rebecca was calm, reassuring and captured every special moment we could have hoped for. We have already received our pictures back and we are so incredibly happy with our pictures. If you are looking for an exceptionally talented, calm, professional and kind photographer who will capture your day perfectly and make you genuinely smile and laugh, Rebecca is your photographer. We could not recommend her more highly!