Reign of Beauty

Laguna Hills, CA · View map

About Reign of Beauty

Melina Ruiz is a highly acclaimed makeup artist with over 10 years of experience in all aspects of make up: fashion, video, print and bridal. Melina's multi-faceted background has helped her become an artist her clients can trust. Melina is a true industry professional with the talent to create the right look through her combination of classic make up styling and modern airbrushing. Her experience, coupled with her personable nature, has helped her become one of the most sought after make up artists in Orange County.

Melina brings her vast editorial experience to her bridal clients. She understands the importance of making her brides look their best - for the camera and in-person. She has mastered the art of creating the right look for each individual bride by paying attention to their wants and knowing how to highlight their best features. Her innate understanding of skin tones and complementing colors helps her create a timeless and confident look for each client.

Melina's portfolio speaks for itself. She is the MUA behind www.reignofbeauty.com where her work can be seen. She is available for consultations and is able to travel on location.

Contact Me Today for your next event!

Ph: (949) 291-9085

2 Reviews for Reign of Beauty

2 Reign of Beauty Reviews

K
Kristen

Married on 08/05/2011

Melina Ruiz is the most amazing make up artist! She did my makeup for my engagement photos and on my wedding day! Everything was absolutely perfect and flawless on my face. She knows exactly what you ... Read more need and what colors look the most amazing with your skin color and complexion. She is the friendliest person ever and we had a great time together!! I will be giving her number to several other friends and I will be using her for any other event I need my makeup done!!

S
Sara

Married on 11/21/2015

1.0

You might think you booked with Melina, but you probably haven't. I was referred to Melina for wedding hair and makeup by a friend and reached out to her 11 months before my wedding date. We emailed ... Read more back and forth proposals and contracts, spoke on the phone for almost an hour to solidify details, trial dates, etc. TWO days before my trial (which was also the morning of my bridal shower) I receive an email from her stating she's been scheduled for something else. No further explanation, no response to my email back inquiring how she managed to book herself for something on top of our agreed dates. Come to find out she was asked to do beauty services for a beauty pageant in Vegas 5 months after she confirmed my wedding date and decided to renege on our contract for something that was better for her. If she is this unreliable, unprofessional, and flakey with a friend of a friend, I can't imagine how poorly she treats other prospective clients. In a world filled with talented hair and makeup artists, in order to stand apart you need to be professional, dependable, and honest. Melina, you're a dime a dozen.

Reign of Beauty FAQ