Requiem Images

Morgantown, WV · View map

About Requiem Images

Hello there!

My name is Kat and I am addicted to love. <3

I'm also an artist and a total weirdo.

I am a "fine art wedding photojournalist" - a mouthful, I know - which means I spend the whole entire day turning your wedding into a beautiful pictorial documentation that allows you to relive the day over and over again and give friends and family who weren't able to attend a chance to "be there."

I also take moments throughout the day to create works of fine art, or photos that would be interesting even to those who don't know you, as well as taking a bit more than a moment to create beautiful, artistic portraits that will stand out in the crowd.

In a nutshell, while I adore documenting the emotion, excitement, LOVE and every other raw emotion found throughout the wedding process, I also relish in the interesting, the unique, and creating images that will leave you saying "wow."

I'd love to tell you more about what makes my company so unique!

Call/Text/Email me anytime!!

SSchwartz
Sschwartz

Married on 10/06/2018

Travel Engagement and Local Wedding Photography

I loved the style of photography by Kat and Mark when I looked at their profiles online, so I got in touch with them. My fiancé and I had a FaceTime session with them just a few days before we moved ... Read more to Alaska for the Winter/Spring/Summer. I hadn't intended to do an engagement photoshoot but when I told them we'd be in Alaska, Kat said she'd always wanted to go there and that she would come out to Alaska to do the engagement shoot if we paid for her lodging for 2 nights. Hell. Yes. While in Alaska, she got some gorgeous photos of us on the beach and in the rainforest. We had also chartered a helicopter ride to the top of one of the snow covered mountains. The beach session was a casual look, the mountain session was a formal look. She borrowed 2 designer wedding gowns for me to choose from to wear for the formal session. And god bless, she did some of my makeup as well because I'm clueless. we have some amazing shots from that shoot with the helicopter hovering in the background! For our wedding, Kat was booked for another event, so her husband Mark was our photographer. EVERYONE was impresses by his organization. I'm still getting comments from wedding guests and wedding party about how impressed they were with Mark. The day before he did a dry run of the locations we wanted shots at just to make sure there would be no surprise construction so we could stay on track. He had also figured out roughly what time we'd be at the locations so he could scout out where the best lighting would be. He had a notebook of every shot we specifically wanted and time table of the entire day including reception. We had an outdoor ceremony with a tent for plan B, and it ended up raining a torrential downpour about 5min before the ceremony was supposed to start. While in the bridal suite waiting out the rain, I had mentioned in an offhand comment that I wondered if the location's event coordinator had a chance to move the rose petals I had lining the aisle since they were an additional expense that I had paid for. He said "No..." grabbed a garbage can, and I didn't see him again. He went and grabbed all of my soaking wet flower petals and lined the aisle under the tent with all of them. No idea where my day of event staff were at this time, but my photographer was out there making my aisle pretty for me! One of the things that I liked about this company in general is that the fee I paid them was for the entire day, not a pre-arranged amount of time. So we got shots of my girls and I getting ready, all the way through the end of the reception where we were able to sneak out for 5min and get some fantastic night time city shots. I had read on multiple sources to spend your money on food/alcohol, DJ, and photographers. This is not one of the more inexpensive companies, and they are worth every penny they ask for and then some.

C
Cathryn

Married on 05/28/2017

OH MY GOSH – where do I start? Our wedding photographer was hands down one of the most important aspects of our wedding day. I looked at literally every photographer in the Pittsburgh area and ... Read more narrowed it down to a few. Kat was the first person we met with and we ended up chatting and looking at her pictures at Starbucks with her for close to three hours. With Kat, you are not just getting a photographer, you are getting an amazing artist with an impeccable eye for detail and you are also getting a friend and wedding coach. She is there for you throughout every single aspect of the wedding planning and day, she even went to the venue with us for our final detail meeting just to make sure she was familiar with the setup and could talk to the coordinator there about the schedule for the day. Our engagement shoot was more fun than I could ever imagine, we literally ran around the city and parked in random spots and got the most amazing, and UNIQUE, pictures. They were far from your run of the mill engagement photos and I have received so many compliments on them it’s insane. When she started doing boudoir photos I signed up IMMEDIATELY. I was nervous and shy but Kat showed up with a bottle of champagne and made me more comfortable than I ever expected to be. The result was the most amazing, romantic, and sexy pictures of myself. Everything I love about myself was highlighted and my husband is still blown away by the album that she put together for us. Kat, Mark, and Gary were all awesome when it came to the wedding day. They were amazingly unobtrusive and yet so much fun. We had a blast and they were there all day, there was no counting of hours or telling us that our time was up. They truly cared about capturing the whole day, not just the family portraits, but all of my friends and family together and celebrating. Within a few days I had several people asking me for Kat’s info for their own weddings. I cannot recommend Kat and her team enough!!!

M
megan

Married on 06/25/2016

Kat is an amazing photojournalist. She is focused and passionate about her art. I chose requiem images to photograph my wedding because all of that shows in her work. Her photographs are not only of ... Read more of amazing quality, but they are each unique and beautiful. Not only do I have an amazing collection of photographs that I get to keep forever, but Kat also was a blast to work with. She stepped in and helped us when we didn't know what we were doing at the rehearsal dinner, and her guidance helped us to ensure our wedding ran smoothly. If you want photographs that have a little more depth and are taken with by someone who truly cares about their work product and giving you what you want, then I HIGHLY recommend Requiem Images! --megan c. (Morgantown, WV)