Rev. Joan Javier-Duval

Montpelier, VT · View map

About Rev. Joan Javier-Duval

**Due to my obligations as a parish minister, I am only able to officiate a few ceremonies a year for non-church members. Please visit the FAQs page of my website for my dates of availability: http://vermontweddingofficiant.weebly.com/faqs.html.** (updated February 2019)

The ceremony is the heart of your wedding day.

In that moment, you stand together with that person you have chosen to dedicate yourself to for the rest of your life. You receive the blessing of your community. And, you make a lifelong commitment to one another publicly.

You want your ceremony to reflect who you are as a couple -- where you come from and where you are headed.

It is my passion to work with couples (all couples, no matter who you love) to create ceremonies that are meaningful, joyful, and heartfelt -- ceremonies that honor you and the momentous occasion of your wedding day.

In serving as a wedding officiant, I bring all the skills and talents that come with being an ordained Unitarian Universalist minister.

I honor your religious and spiritual background (if you have one). I help everyone present feel included in your ceremony. I pay attention to behind the scene details to make sure everything comes together beautifully. And, I bring a warm smile and a big heart to a day that should be filled with love.

It would be a joy to work with you on your wedding day.

Please feel free to give me a call at (802) 829-7420 or send me an email if you would like to talk more about how I can help with your special day.

**Please visit my website to see my current availability.**

9 Reviews for Rev. Joan Javier-Duval

9 Rev. Joan Javier-Duval Reviews

A
Anna

Married on 05/29/2016

Joan made our ceremony memorable, meaningful, and beautiful in every way. We connected with her immediately, and she was there for us every step of the way. Joan went out of her way to ensure that our ... Read more wedding was perfect and exactly what we wanted it to be, and we could not be more happy and honored that she was our wedding officiant.

A
Angela

Married on 10/10/2015

Joan was perfect. Finding the right officiant for our wedding was one of the most important things for us, and as a couple planning a wedding from 1000 miles away, it was causing us a lot of stress. ... Read more Or it was, until the moment we first met Joan on a video chat. My wife and I both finished that first conversation, turned to each other and said, "we've found the perfect person." We were instantly comfortable with her. She worked with us every step of the way, taking time to really get to know us and learn our story while crafting the most amazing ceremony that blended my wife's religious upbringing and my secular one. She managed to say all the right things, finding the perfect words to say what we were feeling. The wedding was performed with such care, heartfelt emotion and grace that no one we talked to afterward could believe Joan had only known us a few months. Joan did everything in her power to make our wedding the best day it could be. We would choose her again in a heartbeat.

C
Cassie

Married on 08/27/2015

Joan is amazing! She worked with my partner and I to craft a ceremony that was creative, beautiful, and deeply meaningful to us. She is warm, insightful, flexible and wonderful to work with. We can't ... Read more can't thank her enough for the big part she played in making our wedding day truly extraordinary.