Reverend Joy Weddings

Windsor, VT · View map

About Reverend Joy Weddings

Congratulations on decided to get married!

I am a wedding officiant who is also an ordained nondenominational interfaith/interspiritual minister, I work with couples of all faiths and beliefs, to design and perform wedding ceremonies that can be either spiritual, religious, humanistic-secular, nature-based, or other themes including mixed-faith relationships - whatever the couple experiences as meaningful and true for themselves.

Your wedding ceremony can be very elegant and elaborate, or very simple, or anywhere in-between - depending on your wishes. While the only parts required by law are the Intent ("I do") and the Pronouncement at the end, the ceremonies may include some or all of the following elements, again according to what you wants.

Welcoming

Opening blessing or prayer

Reading or sharing (usually from family or friends)

Ritual

Music

Officiant address/homily

Exchange of vows and rings

Benedictions

Pronouncement

Kiss

The actual content of the ceremony comes from our discussions. We can be as creative as you like!

My services as a wedding officiant include the following:

Initial introductory conversation and ceremony overview

In-depth initial meeting with couple to discuss wedding logistics, details of ceremony, personal faith and beliefs, the joys and challenges of your relationship, marriage beliefs and goals. Discussion is based on completion of questionnaire by couple prior to meeting (which can also be by phone or Skype)

Design and creation of ceremony. This can involve rewrites and additional discussions until it is exactly the way you want it. Also included, if desired, are suggestions for readings, music, blessings, rituals, vows, and ring exchange. (I can also write your vows and ring exchange, if you choose.)

Completion and mailing of your marriage license

Performing ceremony

Looking for an inexpensive, secluded wedding venue with country elegance? Ask Reverend Joy about details and fees for getting married at his "Happy Harvest" homestead near Windsor, Vermont. Wedding planning and other services also available through his wife, Helen.

I am glad to answer any questions you have. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

3 Reviews for Reverend Joy Weddings

3 Reverend Joy Weddings Reviews

C
Candace

Married on 10/08/2016

What an amazing experience! Our wedding would not have been the same without Reverend Lovejoy! We live in Austin but were married on 10-8 in Vermont on the family farm (my husbands). When scouting for ... Read more an officiant, I researched and spoke with many as I am not from the area, but I wanted the person to really "get us", and understand our lighthearted vibe. Also, admittedly I did't want to cry my face off. I am a bit of a sap. Just as we almost nailed down the person we had settled on... magically I stumbled across Reverend Larry Lovejoy through a search on The Knot. I immediately loved his profile, he was refreshing and fun... so naturally I reached out. After speaking with him (my fiancé now husband too), we knew he was perfect. Weddings are such an emotional time, and we wanted someone who could find a balance between humor and sincerity. Larry was both! He took the limited time we gave him via email + a few calls... and really got to know us, and spoke so well to the nature of who we are. It was touching. Also, he handled our somewhat unruly groomsmen at the rehearsal after a brewery trip (palm to forehead). That takes a lot, he handled them with poise and humor. The crowd of guest at the wedding loved him and instead of rolling tears there was rolling laughter during the entire ceremony. It was lovely and perfect. I couldn't of asked for a better experience. I definitely recommend Larry, hands down. He knows what he is doing! + He's such a sincere and genuine soul!

J
Jason

Married on 09/21/2012

Great experience with Gary

Gary was great. We were considering booking him and then our overall plans went a different direction but throughout the entire process Gary was responsive and very easy to talk with. He was willing ... Read more to customize to our liking and it was just a good experience and not stressful at all. So much so that I decided to write this review even though we did not get to use him for our ceremony. Would highly recommend. JD

User4447237

2+ years ago

4.3

Gary did an amazing job molding our ceremony into an event we hoped for. He worked with us through several drafts to ensure we got the ceremony we wanted. He is a great guy. Patient, understanding, ... Read more and kind.

Reverend Joy Weddings FAQ