Ripcord

Boston, MA · View map · Visit website

About Ripcord

Ripcord is comprised of Boston-based musicians who have played together in various cover, wedding and original bands over twelve years. This experience together enables the group to consistently deliver a perfect blend of hits from all genres; jazz standards, funk, R&B, soul, top 40, country, classic & modern rock… even that new indie tune you just heard on the radio. Ripcord's diversity is impressive; however, it'll likely be the remarkable accuracy, energy, and feel with which they perform that will blow you away.

Experience
This diverse band won WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice Award every year from 2012 to 2018. They also were named Boston’s Best Wedding Band in 2016 by the Improper Bostonian. Every time they perform they exude energy, emotion and accuracy.

This award-winning band offers configurations of various size, with the 8piece option being most popular. An 8piece would include female and male vocalists, guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, saxophone & trumpet; however, many opt to also add trombone or additional vocalists, as well. Their services include:

• Ceremony
  • Instrumentals
  • Vocals
  • Willing to travel

Other Services
In addition to providing music for your wedding, Ripcord will also provide the following:

• Rehearsal dinner music
  • Karaoke
  • Lighting
  • Sound/PA system
  • Microphones

Areas Covered
Ripcord is located in Boston, Massachusetts, but they perform all over New England, as well as worldwide. Local areas include:

• Western Massachusetts

Alyssa
Alyssa McCarthy

Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing band!

We had the BEST experience with Ripcord! Ananda and Jeremy were our singers, and they were so fun and talented. We worked with Kevin throughout our planning process, and he was tremendously ... Read more professional, responsive, and flexible. Our guests were raving about the band throughout our wedding - and still now every time we talk about the day! We cannot recommend them highly enough!

B
Ben Pattison

Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Wedding Band!

As music lovers we were adamant about having a live band at our wedding and decided on Ripcord due to their extensive group of musicians and quality of their vocalists. Kevin and the rest of the ... Read more Ripcord team were an absolute pleasure to work with in understanding our tastes, deciding on acoustic music for the ceremony, learning songs for the dances and creating a killer playlist for the reception. I lost count of how many people complimented the band's performance but it was absolutely a highlight of the day and I never wanted them to stop playing!

Wyatt
Wyatt Crane

Married on 06/01/2019

These guys rock

Ripcord did a fabulous job handling the entertainment side of my wedding this past June. Kevin was great on the communications side - really responsive and on the ball. Also really flexible in terms ... Read more of helping me put together my vision. We worked out a jazz introduction to the evening, followed by a good playlist while the band had dinner, followed by the awesome main band. I play keyboard, and he was totally open to the idea of my sitting in with the band or them sitting in on a song that I was hoping to write for the event (though never ultimately got around to...) On top of that, Monica & Co. were outstanding. My friends and I see a lot of live music, and everyone agreed that the Ripcord crew was top notch. The band read the crowd well, saw that funk music was working well, and threw in a back-to-back Prince combo punch at one point that had the dance floor going bananas. Monica was an excellent MC, she totally picked up on the casual, personal vibe that we were trying to create and worked right along with that. Lastly, the male vocalist at a climax in the night invited me to come up on stage and sing a call and response with him into the mic. I'm not a good singer at all, but something about him had me belting out these notes. My dad asked my mom if she'd ever heard me sing that well, to which she responded "Nope, not even close." So kudos to the band for helping me discover I have a voice hidden somewhere deep inside. Overall, I really couldn't have hoped for a better musical experience for my wedding... totally exceeded expectations! Lastly, I had a few friends asking for their contact info the next day, so hopefully I'll get to see them again.