River Photography

Vieques, PR · View map

About River Photography

Vieques Photographer

River Karmen

When I was 11 years old my dog won first place for "most well behaved" in a children's dog show.

I was presented with a brownie camera as a prize. When I turned 14 my dad helped me build my first darkroom. From that time on, photography has been a driving force in my life.

I have been living on and photographing the island of Vieques since 1991.

Education :

• 1981-1982 New England School of Photography Boston, Massachusetts
  • graduated with distinction
  • 1971-1975 Wells College Aurora, New York
  • BA in Biology with a minor in photography

Please contact River at riverkarmen2015@gmail.com or call me at 787-556-9030

I am always happy to custom fit a package that works best for the client

16 Reviews for River Photography

16 River Photography Reviews

Ann
Ann Curtis

Married on 12/03/2018

Great photographer for our amazing day

River photographed our beach wedding and did a great job. It was easy to work with her. She provided suggestions for our location and best time for the light. River processed and delivered our photos ... Read more quickly. The photos were amazing. She was unobtrusive yet she captured the important moments of our wedding, as well as some sweet candid shots.

J
Joseph

Married on 06/22/2018

River was awesome. Very responsive, flexible, in coordinating with me and even suggested great ideas that were perfect! Very reliable in that she was doing a paparazzi-style shoot of my proposal and ... Read more was there right on time when she said she'd be, and got the PERFECT shot of me down on one knee, in the moment. No re-enactment required! My fiancee and I received over 100 awesome images from our shoot. River did an awesome job to get these in the mail to us very quickly. She's a great person to work with. Great personality and very friendly. Highly recommend River!

E
Erica

Married on 10/22/2016

River and my now-fiance surprised me with a proposal in beautiful Vieques, PR. She kept her professionalism all throughout the surprise and even after I found out. River truly captured our happiness ... Read more and celebration of being newly engaged. When the photos were sent to us, we cried with joy. We couldn't have asked for a better set of pictures. She's such a gifted photographer. What was so great about her package was that she also took photos of the scenery around us, so when we look through them we can recollect every single thing that was going on (i.e. children playing in the water, the sunset, the sign of the beach he proposed to me on, etc.) I highly recommend River as a photographer not just for weddings, but family photos, corporate events, tourism literature, and others. Thank you for making our engagement so special!!!