Rollins Mansion

Des Moines, IA · View map · Visit website

About Rollins Mansion

Rollins Mansion is an historic wedding venue in Des Moines, Iowa, located close to Des Moines International Airport and downtown. Built in 1925-27 by Ralph Rollins, the mansion was designed by local architects Byron Boyd and Herbert Moore. Rollins Mansion is ideal for hosting weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, and intimate gatherings.

Facilities and Capacity
Rollins Mansion can accommodate up to 600 guests in its five event spaces. The event spaces include a courtyard and a garden that are perfect for outdoor wedding ceremonies. The terrace, ballroom, and lounge are ideal sites for indoor wedding receptions. Each room has been designed using different themes to ensure variety.

Rollins Mansion offers various services for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The venue provides an event planner and an event coordinator to assist in venue decoration and event planning and execution. The venue has a bridal suite, equipped with full-length mirrors and couches, which is available on request. The venue provides in-house catering services, meeting a wide range of budgets and tastes. While it has some preferred caterers, the venue allows outside caterers for Friday weddings, with a fee.

23 Reviews for Rollins Mansion

23 Rollins Mansion Reviews

E
Featured
Emily Sibigtroth

Married on 09/15/2018

Fantastic experience

We fell in love with this place as soon as we saw it. We looked at a couple other locations in Des Moines but nothing captured our hearts like Rollins Mansion did. And it did not disappoint. We were ... Read more able to participate in two catered dinners for their in house caterer (since we both were not able to go to one together). They were very helpful with telling us different vendors they recommended to use. Leading up to the event, they made sure all of our concerns and questions were taken care of. The day of was absolutely perfect. I would 100% do it over if I could and would not have changed a thing. :)

J
John Ott

Married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic event

I rarely leave reviews, but I want to make sure that the public is aware of how awesome this place is! Our daughter got married on April 27th and I couldn't imagine a more beautiful place for her to ... Read more get married. EVERYONE at the wedding RAVED about how awesome EVERYTHING was from the DECOR, to the BEAUTY, and ELEGANT DETAILS of the venue , the FANTASTIC ACOMODATING STAFF (even when we changed something on the fly), they were SOOO patient. The food was catered by one of their preferred caterers (Delmonico). Everyone treated us like family and hats off to the amazing staff of both the Rollins Mansion and Delmonico. A BIG THANK YOU to Breanna, Daniel, John, Olivia and Steve (in alphabetical order) they were the STAND OUTS amongst all the wonderful staff. Thank you EVERYONE for making my daughter and her new husband's wedding so MEMORABLE

J
Jessie

Married on 09/08/2018

Words can not begin to describe how thankful I am/was for the staff at the Rollins Mansion. Melissa, Daniel, and Brianna worked around the clock to make our special day amazing! Melissa's knowledge ... Read more when it comes to wedding planning, time restraints, attention to detail and different ideas for what works best is invaluable. All my communications went through her and everything was responded back to in a timely manner. Now the food.... AMAZING, Daniel knows exactly what he is doing when it comes to food and drinks!!!! It speaks great volume when it comes time for your guest to eat and all you hear is the background music, because people are enjoying their meals so much! What was even better is their cater holds a taste testing event, so you get to sample everything before hand and decide on how you want to build your menu. The Rollins Mansion itself is so beautiful, you don't have to worry about decorating at all. The Bridal Suite were the women get ready was perfect and had champagne for mimosas all ready to go! All in all I couldn't imagined my special day without the staff from the Rollins Mansion. THANK YOU!